Anxiety day!

MommaGbear
on 4/17/15 3:15 am
VSG on 04/29/15 with

My surgery is scheduled in 12 days, and I'm having a bit of anxiety all of the sudden. I got my pre-op clearance done yesterday. My FMLA is all approved. I'm good to go, and I still feel really confident about my choice. I'm not exactly sure why I'm feeling so freaked out all of the sudden, but eep! I'm all queasy and anxious today! I sent a message to a friend of mine that is 6 months post-op, and he and I are gonna get together this weekend. He's down 100 pounds! (he had a RNY). I'm hoping he'll be able to help me calm down a bit and give me some reassurance. But, I thought I'd reach out here too.

Any advice is welcome!

Also, for practical advice - what do ya'll recommend for the clear liquids stuff? I know Isopure makes clear liquid protein drinks, but what broths don't have noodles and stuff in them? Or should I just make my own from scratch? I don't want to live on only sweet liquids for a week - I'll go nuts.

greensleeved
on 4/17/15 5:14 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

Same thing happened to me. I was fine for months and then about a week before I freaked out. I think that's pretty normal. Swanson makes some flavored broths that helped me out on the clear liquid stage (tortilla flavored, Thai, etc.) And I did a lot of strained Fat Free cream soups.

I'm down 104 lbs in 9 months and only regret not doing it sooner. Your quality of life is about to go way up!!!

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Joanna B
on 4/18/15 7:20 am - MI
VSG on 03/12/15

Being nervous is very normal because it is surgery. Everything will be okay and you will be so happy that you had the surgery =] You can do this!!

I loved wonton soup/broth, (without the wonton). You can pick this up from the Chinese restaurant. 

Best of luck on your surgery! 12 days is going to fly by!!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 4 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 4 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 187 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 275 views