One year out and I just can't believe it!

Tlove6
on 6/18/15 4:42 am

Hi All,

One year ago last night I sat crying in the OR doubting my decision, contemplating my mortality, and just PANICKING!!!

My hospital stay was 3 nights, had a lot of nausea...A LOT! But ever since I've been home, it's been amazing. I'm a moderation girl, I have only said "never again" to a few foods: bread, beer, carbonation. I have allowed myself a slice of pizza on a rare occasion and dessert on that special holiday. 

I track 90% of the time on MFP and exercise 3 times a week. I'm a working mom with an amazing husband, but time is a challenge. 

As I should, I focus on protein, shooting for 60-70 a day and try to limit carbs to under 60. 

Now, I still have my demons, like popping goldfish from the pantry, and snacking after dinner, but those problems are far from the ones I had for a lifetime. No meds and a perfect health profile. 

We can do this! If you follow the program prescribed to you and recognize that you are human and might make a bad decision here and again you WILL be successful!

thanks for reading!

Taryn

HW: 283; SW: 269; pre-op: -12, M1: -16.2; M2: -10.6; M3: -13.3; M4: -8.2; M5: -8.9; M6: -8.5

psren13
on 6/18/15 5:43 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

GooseGirl
on 6/18/15 5:44 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Congratulations! I too consider myself a moderation girl and it's great to see success from someone with a similar philosophy. My surgeon has repeatedly told me that he wants me to change my diet but not go on a diet. That was weird at first but I get where he's coming from now and it has really helped me mentally. 

Sandra F.
on 6/18/15 6:00 am

Congratulations on your success.  I am in the moderation club as well.  I think depriving yourself of certain foods makes you want them more and then it is inevitable to binge.  Good luck to you!

Kiwideb
on 6/18/15 6:59 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

I'm a moderation type as well. 

Tracy D.
on 6/18/15 6:12 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm so happy to read about your successes, Taryn :-)  You are doing a fantastic job...and didn't that first year just whiz by?  Keep up the great work 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

psychoticparrot
on 6/18/15 6:54 am

You and your sleeve make a great team. Congrats on your accomplishments.

I've found that, for me, moderation is not an option. If I start on something sweet (other than fruit), my carb cravings kick in with a vengeance. I also avoid "white" foods (bread, potatoes, pasta, etc. because of their poor nutritional content, although I do eat them very occasionally (once a month at most).

But it sounds like you've hit the right balance for you. Your numbers speak for you!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/18/15 12:57 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Way to go!

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Smallbites2015
on 6/18/15 11:18 am, edited 6/18/15 11:19 am

Thank you my surgery is next month and the nerves are starting bad. 

Congratulations!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 200 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views