I have a class to go to???

Lissa_ND
on 8/16/15 7:45 pm
VSG on 09/02/15

My signature shows all my classes etc.  A lot of people have to do more! Still waiting on my surgery, But it's coming up super quick! I am so thankful for the classes honestly. Plus your pre-op time gives you time to put into place things you learn along the way, making post-op life easier.

Age 37 starting weight 301lbs, 5'6. VSG and Gallbladder removal September 2nd 2015

Amy M.
on 8/16/15 8:30 pm - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I was required to go to a seminar where they talk about the RNY, VSG, LAP band, and DS. It's very informative and it was given by my surgeon so it was a good opportunity to meet him and ask questions. That was the only required "class." My first appointment was where I had short sessions with my surgeon, nutritionist, and exercise therapist. 

ErinSleeve
on 8/17/15 9:23 am

I had a seminar I had to attend before they'd even let me see the surgeon. It was where you listened to them talk about the different surgeries and benefits, cons, and risks. And they went a little into changes you'd have to make after surgery. There, if you were still interested, you filled out a paper and the office called you to schedule an appointment with the surgeon.

Then I was required to attend a pre-op class once my testing was all done and surgery was scheduled. That was about three weeks before my surgery. They gave me a whole binder full of information about what to do before surgery, what to have stocked up, what meds to get, what to expect before, during, and after surgery, and how to be successful after the surgery. They instructed us on diet and exercise and went through risks and things to watch for after surgery. It also had suggestions for what to eat during each post-op phase (full liquid for two weeks, purees for two weeks, soft food for two weeks, and finally regular food). The binder was huge and the class was very informative.

Those were my required classes before I had surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views