Surgery Tomorrow

Aquainst1
on 9/20/15 4:23 pm

The anxiety & nervousness you feel will all be gone the moment you go under!

You'll be GREAT!!!

SouthernmostStar
on 9/20/15 5:46 pm
VSG on 01/25/12

Luisa, it's natural to be nervous.  Breathe... in and out.  In and out.  Remember that you are not the first patient your doctor and surgical team have operated on.  It might be your first time, but it isn't theirs.  

There's a breathing technique that I use when I'm super stressed.  It's the 4-7-8 technique.  If you google it, you'll find writeups and also some demo videos.  I think there's even one by Dr. Andrew Weil.  

Try to get some sleep.  Don't worry so much about a high heart rate.  They're going to give you medication before you get to the operating room that will take the edge off.  In my case, "taking the edge off" meant I was asleep before I got to the actual operating room.  I was bummed out because my doctor did the procedure robotically and I had really wanted to see the machine before they put me under all of the way!

I'll be thinking of you and sending lots of good thoughts and positive energy up your way!

Mary

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

psychoticparrot
on 9/20/15 11:11 pm

Take a pillow along and leave it in the car. On your way home, hold the pillow against your stomach. If your driver hits any bumps in the road, you'll be glad to have it.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Luisa728
on 9/21/15 4:33 am

Wow!! Great advice & I was just about to go to the hospital now I can grab a pillow. Thank you!

Bensmom812
on 9/26/15 9:42 am

How did it go? How do you feel?

mine was same day, 21st.....not too bad here

dina

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op