Surgery Tomorrow

Luisa728
on 9/20/15 11:42 am

You all have given me to much great advice in these 3 weeks I've been on this support site. Tomorrow I have surgery & the nerves are making me so tense! Has anyone had this anxiety & nervousness & did something to calm down! I was fine until I realized it's actually happening tomorrow!! I'm so scared! I've never been under the knife for such a big surgery!! Please help me calm down I don't want my heart rate high when I go into surgery!! HELPPPP!!! 

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 9/20/15 11:53 am
VSG on 03/16/15

This is the same feelings I believe I had before my surgery.  Excited, nervous kind of thing. I just had to trust my surgeon and their team. Said a prayer and then woke up in the hall being wheeled into the recovery room. Then In time I was in my room. I asked when I could sip water. It was a sponge on a stick and ice chips. Then soon after I was up walking laps and sip sip sip. I was glad I had my flavored chapstick .berry on one side and lemon on the other. If your really nervous let them know in preop, they might give you something.  See you on the looser bench.good luck

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Luisa728
on 9/20/15 12:00 pm

Thanks!! I'll keep that in mind & say a prayer before getting to the hospital & maybe another in my head right before they put me to sleep. I'll see you all on the losers bench! 

MAchick
on 9/20/15 12:31 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

I was actually pretty comfortable right up until the day before. The day before, I was a bit on edge and snippy....which is how I get when I'm anxious or nervous. Get a good night's sleep, and keep thinking of how much healthier you're going to be!

And don't worry, they give you something in your IV before the procedure to help you relax and feel nice :-)

Luisa728
on 9/20/15 12:37 pm

This message helped me breathe easier! It helped me calm a little knowing I'm not the only one that feels this way. & im not sure if I'll be able to sleep but I'll try. Lol would you know if after surgery they give you a griddle or body shaped after surgery or would I have to purchase that after? 

Thanks for the message!

Luisa

Sleeveforlife
on 9/20/15 12:41 pm

There was nothing like a girdle after surgery, and you would not want one as you feel a little sore, not too bad, and don't want anything tight around you. Some loose pj's will be the outfit of choice for the first few days! 

MAchick
on 9/20/15 12:49 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

Oh hell no! I was tender and swollen, took me a few days too start wearing a wireless bra. 

Luisa728
on 9/20/15 1:34 pm

Hahaha ok so no griddles or bra got it! Lol thanks

alouisa63
on 9/20/15 2:05 pm - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

I was given a binder to wear home and it really felt good! Especially with the car ride...

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Luisa728
on 9/20/15 2:07 pm

Ohh okay a binder I'll ask when I'm in the hospital. I was wondering because a friend that got it done also; said she was given something to wear at home. Thank you for your reply.

Most Active