BM

msecanales
on 11/1/15 9:13 am

This may be TMI... i had my surgery on 10/26/15. I have been taking my stool softener daily, even though I have not had any pain medication since getting home. Well, I have not had a BM... but, I also don't feel like I need to go. Is this normal? Could it be due to my clear liquid diet? Tomorrow, I get to start my full liquid diet then the week after that, soft foods.

Age:31| Height 5', 5"| VSG on 10/26/15 | Starting Weight: 277 | Current Weight: 153| WL so far: 124 lb | Goal Weight: 155

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/15 9:45 am

Pretty normal. Some people have no BM until the go on a full liquid diet. Then watch out! It's often liquid in, liquid out, if you get my meaning. Once I got to soft foods is when I needed the stool softener. I wouldn't bother with it while you are on liquids. I'd go the "wait and see" route. Of course, I'm no doc and that is just my lay opinion. Not dolling out medical advice here!

msecanales
on 11/1/15 5:30 pm

I tried my cream of chicken soup-low fat, low sodium this evening. Let me tell you what... you sure were correct about the liquid in, liquid out.. I almost didn't make it to the restroom. I go back to work tomorrow, so I am kinda nervous about that.

Age:31| Height 5', 5"| VSG on 10/26/15 | Starting Weight: 277 | Current Weight: 153| WL so far: 124 lb | Goal Weight: 155

ej1971
on 11/1/15 1:45 pm

I also had my surgery on 10/26. I was so nervous about the possibility of constipation, especially since I needed quite a bit of narcotics in the hospital. I did a pouch of miralax in a Gatorade G2 on Thursday and Friday AM and a dose of milk of magnesia midday Thursday . It did the trick. Maybe too much. I haven't needed or used anything since Friday AM.

msecanales
on 11/1/15 5:35 pm

I had surgery the same day you did. I am finding the diet very boring. Maybe I am afraid to mix it up some. I started my full liquid diet tonight- because I needed some type of other liquid other than Isopure. I blended the cream of chicken- low fat/sodium then I strained it because it did have little pieces of chicken. It was ok.. not much flavor. Have you tried anything different that is within the diet? Tomorrow, I plan on drinking a Muscle Milk since I can now down protein shakes. on my way home, I will stop and purchase some light soy milk to make my own protein shakes. I need some FLAVOR!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 123 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 355 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 402 views