After surgery

BREE_
on 3/24/16 6:44 pm
VSG on 03/21/16

I had my surgery 3/21 and the first day was the worse due to the fact the the nurse didn't but in my medicine right so I was feeling ALL the pain! I literally cried all night until the doctor finally checked it worse pain ever.. I was released yesterday in home but I'm having trouble getting my protein in everything I put in my mouth doesn't taste pleasant! I brought this big jug on isopure powder but I hate the taste and I spend over $40 on it ????.. I have pain on the right side and the gas pains are killing me I just started using the bathrm going number 2 nonstop its that normal? The medicine they gave me for the pain makes me wanna throw up so I don't take it. Any advice? Tomorrow is my 5 day I'm crossing my fingers it goes well

Newchapter
on 3/24/16 8:00 pm
VSG on 03/23/16

I was thinking about you on Monday. I should have contacted you but with my surgery on the 23rd, yesterday, I was crazy busy trying to get everything in order. I hate you are having unpleasant issues, but know you aren't the only one.  I am having pain. I haven't thrown up yet, but the minute I try and swallow something, it sure wants to come straight out. The only thing I can tolerate at the moment is water. This process is gonna be tough, but with each other's support, we can do this. Please keep in touch. It helps to hear what others experience. 

pdxwoman
on 3/24/16 8:32 pm
VSG on 03/21/16

I hate the taste of the powders so I bought in unflavored and I mix it 50/50 and it is ok. 

I have not had nausea because I had a hiatal hernia repair and they warned me to Not throw up. So I have liberally used anti nausea meds. 

I have not gone #2 so I doubled miralax. Fun. For gas I used Gas-x but mostly it is gone now. 

I know it sucks but it will get better - I would call the doctor about your nausea and bowel movements. 

Darcy G.
on 3/24/16 8:35 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Holy crap, they didn't put the pain medicine in right? That's insane! I'm so sorry you went through that.

If your pain medicine makes you sick, I'd call and tell your surgeon that. Maybe they can give you something else?

Hope it gets sorted out soon and you're on the mend.

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!