Made it through surgery! Now the noises....

Allie16
on 4/17/16 3:42 pm
VSG on 04/14/16

My surgery on Thursday went really well. Came home Saturday. Pain is tolerable, but drinking all this fluid is really hard. Are so many noises coming from your gut normal? And the feelings down there are so strange now. Its almost like a hunger pain but I know it can't be, I think its more like pressure. Really hard to describe.  I'm mainly doing water, a little iospure, and unjury chicken soup. I think i will be lucky to get in 30 oz today. The whole dehydration thing scares me. I know I need to drink more but with my gut making all this noise it makes me wonder.

CMR1075
on 4/17/16 6:06 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

It's all normal. My stomach was constantly making noises and I kept feeling like they were hunger pains but after 2 sips of liquid I was full. I'm only 3 months out but remember it well...and still have those problems every now and then when I think I'm hungry but not. Congrats on the surgery!

BeautifulMe84
on 4/18/16 5:19 am
VSG on 03/10/16

First off...Congrats on your surgery! I am about a month and a half out from my VSG. When I first got home from the hospital my new stomach was making LOUD craaazy sounds...it was so weird! The doctor sent me home with a stomach acid pill that I still take now. Since I've been taking that pill for the acid in the new tummy I don't get those crazy loud sounds any more. Did your doctor prescribe you something for your stomach acid?

Allie16
on 4/18/16 8:48 am
VSG on 04/14/16

Thanks for the info. So glad to have my surgery behind me! They did give me an acid reducer and I have been taking it. Sort of funny, I guess I thought that my smaller stomach would be smaller with everything. Not with the noise! My goodness. Glad it seems to be fairly normal.

cappy11448
on 4/18/16 5:48 am

I found it took weeks before I could get all the fluids down.  I remember at my 2 week check up I was only getting 40 ounces per day. This worried my doctor.   At one month it was 48 ounces per day.   My doctor said that level was ok as long as I wasn't getting overheated or working out heavily, but just to keep pushing fluids.  Just do the best you can. 

He also told me that if I had any symptoms of dehydration to come in and they'd put me on an IV in the office and "pump me up."  He said you want to deal with dehydration before it becomes serious.  I never needed to do this, fortunately. 

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

pdxwoman
on 4/18/16 8:46 am
VSG on 03/21/16

Hi,

I am four weeks out and just ate my breakfast and my stomach is talking back.. It just is..

I liken the feeling to having a test tube and filling it up well the liquid starts to go to the bottom but the gas or air has to come to the top... It's a weird feeling. I only could tolerate warm liquids for the first wee****pt a glass of warm water near me and if I was watching TV I would drink 2-3 sips every commercial.. I could down a 20oz glass generally over 1 1/2 hours.. I had lots of herbal tea - hibiscus being my favorite.

The gas does resolve but the sounds still continue..

It is what it is...

Good Luck!