CPAP Question!

Darcy G.
on 5/4/16 12:33 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

I've got a humidifier on my CPAP, even adjusted the humidity level up... No change.

I'll bring it up with my PCP Friday.

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

GDK
on 5/9/16 11:11 am
VSG on 03/29/16

Darcy,

I consider myself a "self-proclaimed" expert when it comes to CPAP.  I have used one for over 25 years.  My sleeve surgery was 3/29/16 and since 1/1/16 I have lost about 65 lbs.  I have noticed the dry mouth problem you have and found a couple of things that contribute to the problem.  I am exhailing out of my mouth when I lay on my back which will dry your mouth out in a hurry.  I adjusted my pressure myself down by 2 cfm to see if that helped (I am not recommending you adjust your machine yourself).  It did some good but did not completely solve the problem.  What really helped me is I can now sleep on my side again and that seems to have stopped the problem of exhailing through my mouth.  You might try that if you are sleeping on your back.  You might also try a chin strap to help keep your mouth closed if you are opening your mouth.

Hope this helps!

Allie16
on 5/4/16 7:59 am
VSG on 04/14/16

Hi,

I am wondering if your machine has the water tray that you have to fill with distilled water? I forgot to check mine one night and woke up with a dry mouth like that. But seems if I keep it filled its not so bad.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views