what am I doing wrong?

Lisa F.
on 6/25/16 7:07 am
VSG on 06/06/16

Hi Anita!

I'm right with you. I dropped almost 20 lbs the first 10 days and then hit a stall. I've only lost one pound the past week.

Is frustrating... but seems like from the replies here it's totally normal.

Is funny about your knee, too. I have arthritis in my knees and noticed my right knee swelled up last week and I didn't put any strain on it. I'm sure it has something to do with the surgery... maybe hydration?

Hope you're doing well otherwise! Feeling pretty good here and looking forward to going back to work Monday.

Lisa

VSG DATE 6/6/16 | SW 280 | CW 198 | GW 175 | HEIGHT 5'8 | AGE 55

ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT OF 175 MET: 12/6/17 (18 MONTHS POST OP)

NEW GOAL: LOSE 20 LB RE-GAIN

Tracy D.
on 6/27/16 10:32 am, edited 6/30/16 2:29 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Hold onto this thought for the next few months:  "There is NO possible way for you to gain FAT if you are following the rules. No. Possible. Way."  However, the stupid number on the scale is the world's worst indicator of FAT loss that was ever invented.  Don't ever count on it to be accurate and definitely don't pin your emotions to the number that comes up on any given day.  

Remember this fact as well:  A gallon of water weighs 8 pounds!  Your body will retain lots of water for numerous reasons: heat, illness, inflammation, exercise, pain, monthly cycle, certain meds, etc.  

You aren't doing anything wrong. What you're experiencing is perfectly normal.  You're also at the point that we like to call the "3-week stall".  A lot of people's bodies take a pause right at 3 weeks to replenish the glycogen stores depleted in all their cells.  Those cells love to fill up with extra water.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Brooke O.
on 6/27/16 11:28 am
VSG on 05/25/16

I had my surgery on 5/25 and I hit a "wall" three weeks out, too.  I didn't lose anything for over a week, then all of the sudden I dropped 8 pounds again the next week.  I didn't change diet or activity level, it just has something to do with your body adjusting.  Good luck!

Cherie K.
on 6/29/16 5:01 pm - Hong Kong

It happens!  Try on a pair of pants that were a bit tight prior to surgery to better gauge... my scale was stuck for the last few days so I tried on a pair of jeans that were very tight pre-surgery and they are loose now!  When my scale is stuck, I am also encouraged to do more walking that day...

Most Active