Puking up foam, not able to keep anything down 3 days post-op..

White Dove
on 8/19/16 10:32 am - Warren, OH

The opening at the bottom of the sleeve heals over too much with scar tissue.  It is easily opening by inserting a balloon catheter and inflating the balloon.  Some people need more than one procedure.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kudzu
on 8/18/16 10:54 am
VSG on 07/28/16

You need to call your surgeon. Mine has told me to reach him immediately should I begin vomiting. Don't let this go. 

Bebotbear
on 8/18/16 11:27 am
VSG on 08/16/16

Yes I called and the desk lady said to try protein shake so I did to no avail.. I will call again and see what they say now that I know other people don't have this problem. Thank you!!

Kelly L.
on 8/18/16 12:15 pm

I agree, call your surgeon.   You don't want to become dehydrated.  Good luck and let us know what happens.

Bebotbear
on 8/18/16 2:45 pm
VSG on 08/16/16

So I called the dr's office a second time and the lady had my surgeon call me. He said right now it'll be hard, but it gets better over time? I have no clue. Jello is the only thing I've tried that will stay so far. ? But I'll wait it out I suppose until I can't anymore?

LeapSecond
on 8/19/16 11:46 am - AR

It is not normal to not be able to drink anything At 3 days Post Op.  Are you sipping?  If you drink like you did pre op you will puke.  There is still major swelling at 3 days out.  I didn't leave the hospital until they knew I could drink a certain amount per hour.  I'm afraid your surgical team is dropping the ball.  You can not go long without fluid intake.  Call them back  again if you can't keep anything down. Don't be afraid to return to the ER if necessary.  They can give IV fluids. Start writing down what you have had to drink, the amount, the time, and the results. 

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)