It's time to come back.

Mike B.
on 8/26/16 4:29 pm
It has been way too long since the last time I was on OH. I have been struggling with my weight for a bit and I thought I could do it alone. The truth is, I'm getting nowhere fast. I hate to admit it, but I regained 20 pounds and it's a Bâ--?â--?â--?â--?To get it off. The weight gain took about a year to almost see that 200lb mark after breaking my foot and not able to run. However, I'm back to running but my eating habits haven't changed. I'm hoping getting plugged in again with OH peeps will kick my butt into gear. Actually what I need is accountability, and This is the place to keep me focused. Now it's time to read some posts.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

Kelly L.
on 8/26/16 4:47 pm

Hi Mike, welcome back!   You've come to the right place.   The support here is awesome.   There's a thread called "whatcha eating VSGers" where you can post your menus everyday for accountability.   Good luck with losing the regain and post updates frequently.

SoCalDee
on 8/26/16 7:09 pm
VSG on 06/24/16

Welcome back!

5'0 Heaviest 247.4 Surgery Weight 236.0  Goal 140

*Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable*

acbbrown
on 8/27/16 6:25 am - Granada Hills, CA

Welcome back! It's hard but you can do it. I've lost almost 70 lbs of my regain so it is possible - just takes some serious commitment. 

Tell Linda I say hi :) 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Mike B.
on 8/27/16 8:32 am
I'll keep at it because the alternative is not an option. Thanks Alison. I'll tell Linda you said hi.

gillian46
on 8/27/16 7:51 am - Townsend, ON
VSG on 06/03/16

Hi Mike:  This is my first time here and hoping this will help with my post-op life.  Doing well thus far since my Jun 3 VSG.  70 years old, arthritic and fibromyalgia - so exercise is my major problem and when you include the fact that I dislike it intensely (find it mind numbingly boring) I'm having a great deal of trouble motivating myself to do my chosen one which is just plain walking.

Good for you for running.  Don't know if you track your food intake but it's a really good idea and I use My Fitness Pal app for this and my exercise.  Maybe this would help you get back on track with the food.

Take care and good luck.  Susan from Ontario Canada

gillian46
on 8/27/16 7:53 am - Townsend, ON
VSG on 06/03/16

Hi Mike:  This is my first time here and hoping this will help with my post-op life.  Doing well thus far since my Jun 3 VSG.  70 years old, arthritic and fibromyalgia - so exercise is my major problem and when you include the fact that I dislike it intensely (find it mind numbingly boring) I'm having a great deal of trouble motivating myself to do my chosen one which is just plain walking.

Good for you for running.  Don't know if you track your food intake but it's a really good idea and I use My Fitness Pal app for this and my exercise.  Maybe this would help you get back on track with the food.

Take care and good luck.  Susan from Ontario Canada

frisco
on 8/27/16 4:34 pm

Hey Mike !

Heres the deal..... you know what's up, you know what it's going to take..... no butt kicking !!!

The big trap that you fell into is that you didn't ramp down the eating after your injury..... very hard to do.

This is a very important message that people need to know !!!

You got this, work it out !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Mike B.
on 8/27/16 7:53 pm
Thanks Frisco, you're right. I will work this out.

Spencerella
on 8/29/16 3:33 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Agreed! This is the Catch 22 for the few athletes among us (and  Mike you're one of them).  In my opinion, athletes need to stay as thin as possible so that any loss of activity leaves them in the normal weight range. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Most Active