Rebounding from Regain 101

diane S.
on 9/24/16 11:35 am

Great post Kairk. You really nailed it. One thing I would add is avoid the pity party approach which leads no where. (yes we have all done it). But its best to move beyond and take responsibility for your health in the ways you describe. Well done. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

jroggiero
on 2/17/17 10:20 am - Naples, FL
Thank you for sharing, time to strap on the boots and do the work
Rachel B.
on 2/17/17 10:45 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I am quite happy to see this.  it came and went prior to my return to OH and my 'Come to Jesus' with my weight in OCT. 

You can sugar coat a turd, and it's still a turd.  Buckle down and do the hard work.  I'm busting my butt everyday.  The first 25 pounds flew off.  Now it's a creeper.  But I'm not giving in.  After finding my video for Dr. Alvarez on YouTube yesterday, I'm even more set to get back to goal (which I wasn't in the video).  After all, this is a life style change.  I just have to remember, this is the basics that must always be the bedrock I stand on.

Thanx for the great post, Kairk!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

happyteacher
on 2/18/17 10:02 am

A little off topic for sure Karik... given you are a big meat eater you might want to dabble with sous vide. It makes for insanely tender proteins, and works incredibly well for our teacher schedules. I can put something on Sunday evening and it is finished on Tuesday for dinner. Get home, quick sear, and crazy good dinner. Steaks and other items take 30 minutes or so, so this is very dependent on what you are cooking for time. Anyway, I know you are a bit of a foodie and it is worth playing with it. I have the Joule, but no need to spend that much if you want to get a cheaper circulator. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!