No motivation to exercise

Horselover1998
on 9/25/16 7:41 am

Hey all, so my pulmonary appointment went well and they cleared me for surgery! I have another dietician appointment in 3 1/2 weeks, at which point I think they'll be putting all the paperwork together to send off to insurance. The bariatric secretary said I could have surgery as soon as the end of October, but I really don't think that'll happen. By the time they send the info to insurance, they approve it and the surgery gets scheduled, I'm thinking early- to mid-November is more realistic...and just before the holidays....yaya. lol

My main problem right now is getting the motivation to exercise!! I just can't seem to find it! After putting in my 8 hours working at a prison, the last thing on my mind is going for a walk or going to the gym that's a half hour away. Any suggestions to get me motivated?

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Gwen M.
on 9/25/16 7:45 am
VSG on 03/13/14

The thing that got me motivated to get walking was the Zombies Run app.  It's awesome and I always look forward to finding out what will happen next in the storyline :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

kyzze
on 9/25/16 9:36 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Just start small. Do a 10 to 15 minute walk or something. Work your way into it. As you start to feel stronger and see your body change you will become more motivated.

Kyzze

White Dove
on 9/25/16 9:39 am - Warren, OH

Get a fitness tracker and work on getting more steps each day. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

McLassie
on 9/25/16 11:11 am
VSG on 07/25/16

My dog has always motivated me to walk, but what gets me walking miles a day are podcasts. I have so many that I love, and I really look forward to that special time when I get to just walk and listen. Back in the day, the quantity and quality of podcast material was limited, but these days the options are endless. I enjoy true crime podcasts like My Favorite Murder or Sword and Scale, as well as human interest podcasts like Reply All and This American Life. I could walk forever listening to these if time was not a factor. 

You just have to find something that you can put your spin on. Good luck to you!

Horselover1998
on 9/25/16 11:54 am

I'll have to look into podcasts. Do you listen to them on your phone?

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

McLassie
on 9/26/16 10:06 am
VSG on 07/25/16

Yes. I listen via Overcast, and I've heard others say Stitcher is a good app as well. The iPhone comes with its own podcast app that I found to be glitchy, but lots of people use it and it may have improved over the years. Android has a few apps but I'm not familiar with any of them.

diane S.
on 9/25/16 12:12 pm

lots of good ideas here. You could come home and put on your favorite music and just dance around the house. I have a p-90 work out dvd that is not too hard. 30 min. I also use a fit bit (am on my 5th one because I lose or wash them) but looking at daily steps reminds me to park the car further away. I need motivation too as I have always hated exercise. I like to find stuff where I not only get exercise but some chore gets done like the house picked or whatever.    Maybe a tai chi dvd would help you relax from what must be a stressful job.  gl Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

rachelp
on 9/26/16 7:51 am
VSG on 08/01/16

My fitbit was my motivator.

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views