Yes. I am one of those who uses my scale like it's a step class.

reree6898
on 1/20/17 5:57 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

I do this too.  It really makes me aggravated though when I see my weight in the morning and am relatively happy with it but then go for a check up with the Doctor in the afternoon and their scale shows 5-9 pounds heavier and so of course that is what gets logged in on my record with them. 

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

Lipsticklady
on 1/20/17 6:09 am
VSG on 05/14/13
On January 20, 2017 at 1:57 PM Pacific Time, reree6898 wrote:

I do this too.  It really makes me aggravated though when I see my weight in the morning and am relatively happy with it but then go for a check up with the Doctor in the afternoon and their scale shows 5-9 pounds heavier and so of course that is what gets logged in on my record with them. 

I was one of those who would strip down to practically nothing in the WWs lobby ready to weigh.  Early meetings motivated me to get out of bed at 7am and before the daytime gain happened.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

ThatMeanOne
on 1/20/17 2:38 pm
VSG on 08/22/16

I know exactly what you mean.   Of course that number gets recorded but my doc actually asks me about how my weight is going on my home scale.  Our numbers are only a few pounds off - but I def like mine better!

KittyKarin
on 1/20/17 6:00 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Lol too funny...  

Have you ever tried an app for recording weight that monitors trends and patterns more so than the actual everyday weight itself?  I think there is one called "Happy Scale".  I haven't used it but I have heard from people that have and they like it a lot better because you aren't worried about those slight ups and downs that make no sense. 

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Lipsticklady
on 1/20/17 6:08 am
VSG on 05/14/13
On January 20, 2017 at 2:00 PM Pacific Time, KittyKarin wrote:

Lol too funny...  

Have you ever tried an app for recording weight that monitors trends and patterns more so than the actual everyday weight itself?  I think there is one called "Happy Scale".  I haven't used it but I have heard from people that have and they like it a lot better because you aren't worried about those slight ups and downs that make no sense. 

I rarely worry about it.  It was just weird that I gained weight after a monster pee.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/20/17 6:56 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

HaHa, helium pee. Hmm maybe its time to change the batteries? 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/20/17 6:57 am

I see that as not really healthy pattern. I was there.. at my year 2... then got counseling.  

IMO - it is good to weight once a day and notice the trend. and knwo how much yoy body fluctuate from day to day. I can "gain" or "lose" up to 5 lbs in any 24 hour period.  

but what you describe - looks like your scale si not very repeatable.  or it needs charging or new batteries.  I had one scale like that. 

I would step on it- and every time it show a different number. Since then I got a better scale.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lipsticklady
on 1/20/17 7:27 am
VSG on 05/14/13
On January 20, 2017 at 2:57 PM Pacific Time, H.a.l.a. B. wrote:

I see that as not really healthy pattern. I was there.. at my year 2... then got counseling.  

IMO - it is good to weight once a day and notice the trend. and knwo how much yoy body fluctuate from day to day. I can "gain" or "lose" up to 5 lbs in any 24 hour period.  

but what you describe - looks like your scale si not very repeatable.  or it needs charging or new batteries.  I had one scale like that. 

I would step on it- and every time it show a different number. Since then I got a better scale.  

I agree that it's NOT a healthy habit if it makes one upset, nervous or anxious.  It makes me laugh, quite honestly.  Plus it's exercise?  Kind of?

ThatMeanOne
on 1/20/17 2:45 pm
VSG on 08/22/16

On past diets I would live or die daily by the scale - but this time around not so much.   I weigh pretty much anytime I walk past the scale and there are definite trends.   

It's good that it doesn't stress you at all - I'm glad I seem to be finally at that point

Ive literally gained weight after pooping - but I always lose weight in the shower - wet hair and all  

and I like happy scale a lot - mainly because I like the projections   - though not so much when my dates keep getting later and later for goal as my loss slows 

Rachel B.
on 1/20/17 7:33 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

its like watching a train wreck!!  LOL!  I took care of the battery issue - I bought the energizer lithiums that are supposed to last like ten years.  They've been going strong step after step! 

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active