Feeling like a failure

Laura in Texas
on 2/17/17 4:27 am

Looking at your ticker, I think you are around 200 pounds and your goal is 165. If you have plastic surgery and then lose 35 more pounds, you will most likely have more saggy skin. I would not want to spend the money and then mess up the results. I highly recommend losing the weight before you have surgery.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

ShadowWolf3
on 2/17/17 6:38 pm - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

I'm thinking same thing.  I will find out more when I see Dr about.  With the weight they have charted it will only show a 6 pound gain.

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

Laura in Texas
on 2/17/17 6:45 pm

6 pounds is nothing. Now focus on getting to your goal. You can do this!! 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/17/17 5:53 pm
I was told that before I had any plastics, that I should be at a stable weight for betweeen 1 to 2 years (minimum of 6 months at the BARE minimum).

If your skin is really a medical issue (i.e. Rashes and infections and such) you should go ahead with surgery. If not-you might want to think about just seeing if you can keep your weight stable for a few months before you go under the knife and spend all kinds of money.

Scott

PS (i'm not telling you not to have surgery-just that plastics are REALLY expensive, and the results are easily ruined by regain)

ShadowWolf3
on 2/18/17 8:15 pm - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

I've been staying near the same weight for a year.  Which is why surgeon is doing it other some other problems.

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

VSGAnn2014
on 2/18/17 9:26 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Based on the language you've used in posts above, it sounds like your eating is clearly NOT under control.  And if you can't regain control of what you eat you will continue to gain weight.  

I assume you know this, but ... the more processed carbs you eat the more processed carbs you will crave.  

So there's only one solution:  Stop eating processed carbs until the cravings go away.  

Yeah, it's one of those chicken and egg things.  Which comes first?  The answer:  STOP EATING PROCESSED CARBS!  

So how do you do that?  

STOP EATING PROCESSED CARBS.  

It would be so nice if there were another solution.  

But I dunno what that would be.  

So how can you encourage yourself to stop eating processed carbs?  Stop buying processed carbs.  Stop cooking processed carbs.  Stop ordering processed carbs.  Throw out all the processed carbs in your cabinets.  Tell others in your household not to bring any processed carbs into the house and not to expect you to cook processed carbs for them.  

Then start buying high-protein foods and low-carb veggies.  Start cooking them.  Start eating them.  The satiety you gain from these foods will help to cancel your craving for highly processed carbs.  

And drink a lot of water.  

That's how I'd approach it.  

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

diane S.
on 2/18/17 12:27 pm

Well all I can tell you is cut the carbs, up the dense protein and read the Frisco post about pyloric valve 101 and eat the kind of things that help close that valve so you stay full. Costco sells cooked chicken strips and you could freeze them and take out a few and nuke them every time you feel hungry. Beef or turkey jerky too. You mantra should be "NO WHITE CARBS"  . Gl you can do this.  diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views