Some Thoughts About Starting Over Again- well sort of :)

P goode
on 5/12/17 4:24 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16

I saw that some of you guys looked at my post about my "re sleeve" Monday. It's not really a re sleeve but reconstruction rather. I'm on liquids till admission Sunday. I always wondered how you guys were eating the amounts you were. I only ever got 2 around 2.5 oz solid protein and backslid from there and that is when I bet things got out of whack. I thought this was all a bit too easy - the weight falling off. This past month I lost 11 lbs, most per month ever cause I haven't been able to eat or drink properly. Assuming all goes as planned(I am a chicken and nervous and scared) then I will be like a new sleever all over again. I am looking forward to eating the way I was supposed to be able to after this surgery. I just thought I had a tight sleeve. One thing to consider though is that I will be able to eat more eventually. Gotta recommit to logging, weighing, and measuring so I don't end up in the situation many do.

P

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

Readyjwc
on 5/12/17 4:36 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Hang in there - I wish you the best. I hope this surgery is uneventful and that you'll be on the loser's bench soon!

-Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

califsleevin
on 5/12/17 6:35 pm - CA

Sending good thoughts your direction.

It seems like you have a good surgeon, as many will push to revise to a bypass rather than fix the sleeve if they don't have the experience to do so, as is often the case. My thoughts on the challenges facing you, once past the surgery, are mostly around the dietary issues of minimizing your weight loss, as you are already at or close to goal. High fat, low carb diets are often the prescription for gastrectomy patients looking to avoid weighloss, though low carb may not be all that necessary as dumping isn't usually a problem with a sleeve gastrectomy. Lots of liquid calories for a while, I would expect, and in general, a lot of the "wrong" things that ultimately you will need to correct as your capacity increases over time.

Good luck in this new chapter....

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

P goode
on 5/12/17 8:25 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16

I had the same thought. Many surgeons that do bariatric procedures would just offer conversion. My surgeon doesn't do the bypass surgeries by choice, and he feels confident he can permanently repair my sleeve so we don't have to ever do this again. I am bummed - hate to have surgery, but I have no choice and I pray this goes well and I can get it behind me quickly.

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

Kristi T.
on 5/13/17 10:22 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Best wishes for you on Monday, sorry you have to go through it again but it does sound worth it. You will do great....keep us posted.