Watcha eating today, VSGers, Monday, March 4

mmsmom
on 3/4/19 4:07 am - Woburn, MA

In like a LION for sure. We literally got over a foot of snow last night. It's insane. Hopefully it will be pretty today and melt this week, lol. I had a good day yesterday getting back on track. No refined sugar, pretty low calories and 2 walks. The winter creep up has to go.

QOTD: Which is worse, bitter cold or high heat with humidity?

I personally will take the heat any day. It cools off at night and you can still be outdoors with your feet in water, lol. The cold gets in your bones and sticks there. It's not too cold here, I think 30s, it's just the snow today.

B: going to attempt to hard boil some eggs!

L: turkey breast in a salad, with ff or low fat dressing

D: not sure yet - snowed in, so maybe I'll cook! Made a nice split chicken breast dinner yesterday. it was yummy

VSG on 04/28/2014

Pure_Prairie
on 3/4/19 5:33 am
VSG on 01/10/19

Good Morning from a sunny but frozen (22degrees) Texas!

QOTD: Bitter COLD! hands down the worst, I can tolerate the heat with no problem but to be cold, BRR. Cannot stand to be cold, DH & I are polar (hahaha) opposites in that and it makes for someone being unhappy about half the time. Last night he had the fan blowing and I was curled up with an extra blanket and still couldn't sleep.

B: cottage cheese with mandarin orange pieces

L: probably ham & swiss rolls, might even do a piece of melba toast if I am feeling crazy.

D: Hamburger, no bun, but pickles...yum

Today our oldest 27 & youngest 15 share a birthday! Neither likes cake, thank goodness but I feel like I should do something...they both love pie...but so do I.

HW: 183 Pre-Op: 171 Post WLS Month 1: 149 Month 2: 141 Month 3: 133

Surgeon's goal: 128 My Goal: 118

Kristi T.
on 3/4/19 9:42 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! You guys sure did get hit in the Northeast last night, plus a tornado in Alabama that has changed 23 lives forever. Two walks and no refined sugar, way to go mmsmom!

Driving my mom to her volunteer work today, she can't see very well until she gets her 2nd cataract out on the 13th. Will stay in town and keep busy with errands and a hike with Emmy until she is done.

QOTD-Bitter cold, it's awful! I can handle heat and humidity, but my arthritis and my mental state don't handle bitter cold very well. I live in it every winter, today we made the coldest in the nation on the national news this morning. You are right, the cold sticks to the bones and stays there!

B-coffee

L-Turkey and Babybel cheese, 1/2 apple with almond butter

S-Hot tea, 1/2 Quest bar

D-Ham and steamed asparagus

E-Hike with Emmy if it gets warm enough

Have a good Monday!

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/19 12:43 pm
VSG on 10/24/18

QOTD: I guess I'm in the minority here as I'd take the cold over the heat. I lived in Brisbane for a year and suffered through a summer of 40 degree (Celsius) with 100% humidity and it's not fun. First, its hard to breathe in that kind of humidity and second, the moment you step outside all the moisture in the air starts to condense on your skin plus your own sweat so you are basically wet all the time! Although I may change my tune as I have been unnaturally cold since surgery....

B: 1/2 cup Greek yogurt

L: 1/3 cup curried chicken salad in a lettuce leaf with 1/2 cup (packed) spring mix greens salad + 1 tbsp low cal vinegrette

S: protien shake

D: probably same as lunch...

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 194 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views