3 years post op and need a little help

mercedes19762003
on 6/13/11 12:54 am - Seattle, wa

Hi, I had the gastric sleeve surgery done about 3 years ago.  Loved my surgeon and the results.  Lost 120 lbs in just over a year.  Problem is I plateaued there and have not been able to lose any more since.  Luckily i havent gained but cant lose either.  I have been under a lot of heavy stress so i know that is the main cause(i eat when stressed) and i have no support group or friends who can relate.  Any advise on how i can get back on track?  i need to lose at lease 50 more pounds before i will be ready to consider plastic surgery to get rid of all this loose skin.  I live in N Seattle so if anyone lives around there and wants a workout buddy or just wants to talk, let me know please.

Christina

Hislady
on 6/13/11 11:32 am - Vancouver, WA
There are several support groups that meet in the Seattle area, hopefully someone will pop in with info. I know of one gal on the band forum and I'll send her over here.
Lisa O.
on 6/14/11 1:50 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Hi Christina,

Karrie Masssoti has a great support group for all surgery types but it's in the South Sound.  If you're willing to drive it would be well worth your time.  She's awesome and has a really active group.  I'll have her contact you if you're interested, just let me know.

The OH Conference is in Bellevue July 15 & 16.  It would be a great time to jump start your WL efforts.  I'm a band patient but am exactly where you are, lost 115 lbs and have about 25-30 left but am struggling to get er done!  Anyway, I went to the conference 2 years ago and really enjoyed it and learned a lot.  I lead a support group for gastric band patients but you would be welcome to join our group if you come to the conference.  You can buy tickets here on OH.  Go to "Community" up top at the blue banner line, select events, Seattle event, etc. to see the agenda, guest speakers and buy your ticket.  If you use my support group leader code when you check out, you can get a $30 discount plus a tee shirt and tote back.  Just enter O'LearyWA11 and your ticket will be $45 instead of $75.  Saturday is the main event day when most people attend.  I really enjoyed the break-out sessions where I could pick and choose the topics I was interested in. 

Check out the even site and let me know if you want to meet up there.

Also, let me know if you want Karrie to contact you regarding her south sound support group.

We can do this!  Never give up!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Most Active