Seattle Area Surgeon

Cam L.
on 1/11/13 4:25 pm - Seattle, WA

Hello WL Peeps,

I moved to the Seattle area back in July and have had very little luck finding a WL Surgeon to see me. I may or may not need a revision to my RNY that I had back in 12/2005.  But either way, I need a surgeon in the area that will at minimum see me annually for blood work and annual check up.  I have tried the group at the Swedish Medical Center but I can't seem to get past the woman who sets you up for the introductory seminars.  I explained all this to her and had my Doctor back east release my medical records to her but with no success.  Does anyone know of a local Weight Loss Surgery Center that is easier to deal with and maybe a little less regimented? 

Thank you, I really appreciate it! 

Cam 

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/13 5:41 am
RNY on 08/31/12

Hi - I don't know if this helps but I had a Bellevue doctor you might try. I don't know if he does revisions but you can always ask. At least he may be able to do yearly followups and know a doctor he can refer you to for the revision. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-thien-nguyen/

I can tell you about where I was going to go first, my regular health care provider, Virginia Mason. They're a great provider but as far as just getting in to even talk to them, it was cumbersome and they're booked way out. Dr. Nguyen was easier to get in to see so that is why I thought of him.

Good luck!

JoyceannTuck
on 1/13/13 5:36 pm - DEER PARK, WA
Lap Band on 04/07/11 with

Try NorthWest Weight Loss Surgery in South Everett. 

866-350-2263

http://www.nwwls.com/

They do all weight loss procedures, and their after care in second to none..

Dr. Michaelson of NWWLS saved my life!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/21/13 8:00 am

Yeah, I have heard that about Swedish, too. That's a shame because McMahon is a good doctor and the program is great. You can also try Dr Srikanth in Federal Way. I know he does revisions.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Cam L.
on 1/21/13 8:32 am - Seattle, WA
Thank you to everyone! I am attending a seminar with Dr Srikanth in Federal Way. The girl at the office was very helpful and said he addresses revisions in the presentation and will have a note to speak with me afterwards.
Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/22/13 4:23 am

Let us know how it goes, Cam.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

jzwife
on 2/14/13 12:38 am

You can also try Dr. Hanafy at Barigens Clinic in Kent- 206-592-5000. He does revisions out of Auburn regional. He's very kind, is easy to get into and those who have used him seem to really like him. I was going to use him but was sent out to Madigan for my revision. I have also heard the WLS clinic in Federal Way that you are going to now is very good.

SeaGirl
on 3/3/13 3:19 pm
VSG on 02/01/13

I am a little late to the game here and you may have already moved forward, but I believe Dr Chebli (Overlake in Bellevue) does revisions and I could not recommend him more highly.  He is wonderful! 

http://www.northwestobesitysurgery.com/

djstatick
on 5/21/15 10:27 am - Seattle, WA

Hello. I guess this topic may be dead, but I wanted to try to get answers through old topics before posting a new thread. I've been approved by my insurance, and now I need to pick a surgery center. I'm having a hard time narrowing it down. I'm going to have a VSG done, and I live in West Seattle. I'm trying to decide between Overlake, UW, Virginia Mason, and NWWLS. So, thoughts? Thanks for any help.

ladypoohbear
on 6/1/16 2:21 pm

Hello.   I had my rny at swedish weight loss services in Seattle june 17, 2013 with dr. McMahon. I have had no problems with them.  Loving my 144 pound weight loss.

Kat

Ladypoohbear

Most Active