9 years post-op

JustHat
on 6/30/13 2:22 pm - NM

Are any of my WA buddies still around?  It has been almost 9 years and I would love to reconnect with you.

horrible_monster
on 7/13/13 3:29 pm
VSG on 02/27/13

I wasn't around nine years ago, but welcome back!

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

JustHat
on 7/18/13 12:29 pm - NM

Thanks!

elenap
on 7/18/13 11:37 am

I'm some 18 years out, and always looking for people to connect with!

Elena

JustHat
on 7/18/13 12:30 pm - NM

What do my next 9 years look like?  Have you had any unexpected long term complications?

elenap
on 7/18/13 2:28 pm

My second nine years were far easier than my first nine. During my first nine, I went back to school, earning two grad degrees, then started an academic career. I always took all my supplements as prescribed, and followed up with lab testing as ordered. However, at the time, knowledge about the supplements/doses needed to keep RNY patients healthy was not what it is today. And my experiences with deficiencies helped build that knowledge. Vitamin D and iron were the biggest deficiencies I dealt with, although vitamin E may have contributed to my health issues as well. Very high stress levels didn't help much - for me, higher stress levels = less absorption of nutrients from food and supplements.  

Long story short, other than iron deficiency, for which I require infusions, I have had no major deficiencies. I have figured out what I need to be healthy, both food- and supplement-wise, so things have been much smoother, health-wise. Despite some interesting  turns, my career progress and related stress level have eased significantly over the past nine years as well.  During the past couple of years, I have been healthier and felt better than ever. 

Elena

eClicker
on 7/21/13 1:18 pm
RNY on 08/06/13

Hi,

I'm a James K Weber patient who had a VBG in 2001.  Oh how I wish I'd had an RNY. 
Scheduled for a revision on Aug 6 to a RNY after all these years. 

VBG 8/15/01  RNY 8/6/13  5'5" HW:215 LW:165 CW:210 GW:135

Most Active