Southeastern Washington

bethybb
on 5/8/03 7:47 pm - Roanoke, VA
I'm here in Walla Walla - planning to meet my surgeon, Dr. Rawlins (Spokane), next month. Thinking about starting a support group for our area (Dayton, Walla Walla, College Place, TriCities, etc.) since I haven't been able to find one around here. Anyone interested? The closest surgeon is Dr. Heap about an hour away from me, but there is quite a bit of talk about him in our community - all negative - though his patient responses seem to be good. I have contacted the State Medical Board to find out the facts, and since the case was still being investigated, they couldn't disclose anything yet. They said he has been licensed 17 years with I think 2 complaints - both within the past year. I think with the number of doctors telling me not to go there, I should listen. I've been in touch with several patients of Dr. Heap, and they all have great results - so he must be doing something right I guess! So, I'll be going to Rockwood Clinic in Spokane. I know there is a support group there - but its pretty far - will see if there's any interest to get one going locally.
Jennifer S.
on 5/26/03 10:26 am - Kennewick, WA
Hi Beth! I am in Kennewick and have an appointment for a consult with Dr. Simonowitz in Bellevue on June 5. I am interested in meeting with others in the area that are dealing with WLS issues. Please email me - maybe we can set something up!
Most Active