10 days post op

Sasha A.
on 7/19/03 3:45 am - Buckley, WA
I am 10 days post op. I had lap rny through the Wish Center at Valley Medical Center. I am feeling really good. So much better than I expected! I was very pleased with my whole experience at the hospital. I really liked all of the staff. My husband stayed w/me at the hospital for the whole time which was so helpful (believe me, it's much easier doing stuff w/someone in your room all of the time to help you). I am on a liquid diet for 2 weeks. To be honest I don't have any sensations of hunger or fullness. I only eat because it is time to eat. But I do have to say that I have recently started getting very tired of my protein shakes. I had 2 flavors (both are very good....I just need variety!). So last night my husband took me to Vitalady's store and I bought banana and strawberry. That will help a lot to add different flavors to the mix! I have my 2 week appt. on Thursday. I can't wait to get the drain out!!! Will update my weight lost after my appt. Thanks to everyone for their support. I really look forward to getting online and hearing from you guys!
keva M.
on 7/19/03 9:59 am - Arlington, WA
Congrats Sasha! Nice to hear from a local WISH Center loser. ;0 Keep us posted on your progress!
Brandi S.
on 7/19/03 10:43 am - Mount Vernon, wa
Way to go sasha!! Cant wait to hear your numbers!! Take care! Brandi
Hilda R.
on 7/20/03 5:23 am - Bucoda, WA
I'm so glad to hear you're doing well Sasha and it's nice to hear from a patient of the Wish Center program. My surgery is August 25th. I was first scheduled for the end of July, however they needed to reschedule (not my choice.) Sounds like you are really adjusting well. Can't wait to hear your progress. Again, Congrats !!!!
MIchele G.
on 7/21/03 6:39 pm - dayton, or
Congrats on your first of many succsess'! I am in the begining stages of this and going to my seminar on the 30 at the wish center/// I am eager to hear how long your whole process took from looking into a doctor to getting your date etc.... I hope you are doing well and many prayers and best wishes are going to you! Michele Yelm, WA
Betsy N.
on 7/22/03 12:34 pm - East Wenatchee, WA
Hi Sasha- I am just 30 days post op. I had the open surgery with Dr. Simonowitz at Overlake. I went there because I had to self-pay and its 1/2 the cost of WISH. I did attend the WISH seminar and was all set to go with them until I learned my insurance wouldn't cover. I wish you the best of luck! I agree the blended diet is a drag. With Dr. S we did clear liquids for a week then 3 months of blended. He's pretty conservative but since he's been doing these surgeries for over 20 years i will go with what he says. I am down 30 lbs so far. I started at 290 and hope to reach 160-170. Take care-Betsy
Most Active