19 Days Until Surgery--I'm Scared

dthegreat
on 8/1/03 2:15 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi, I'm getting really excited but yet really, really scared. What if it doesn't work for me? I want the distal procedure but is that the right choice? And what is this drain I read on a previous posting? Ok, I feel like I'm going to throw up! HELP!!! Still Fat in Tacoma
omadoula
on 8/1/03 2:59 pm - University Place, WA
Take a deep breath and just r-e-l-a-x. Everyone has anxiety before surgery and, believe it or not, after surgery you will wonder what the heck you were thinking - how could you do this to yourself. It's very normal. For the first couple of weeks I kept kicking myself for doing this because I JUST KNEW that if I had tried harder, I could have done it on my own. WRONG-O. By reading the main message board you will see that everyone has the same doubts and fears, but they really do go away. You will probably have a drain tube from your incision site, which the doc will take out after about a week or so. It's really not that bad, just a little uncomfortable. I would like to encourage you to come to our support group meeting next Tuesday, August 5 at 7pm; St. Joseph Hospital cafeteria. You will find everyone to be very supportive and encouraging, and you will get your questions answered. I live in Parkland, so if you want to ride with me, just let me know.
Alexis C.
on 8/7/03 12:59 am - Puyallup, WA
Hi Deanne, I have 18 days as of today, I feel ok about the surgery although the last support group meeting scared me a bit about all the things that post-ops have to deal with and how hard it can be. I am sure we will get through it just like they did. If you need a buddy... just tell me. I am willing to help you get through this, I could use a bud myself. Well take care and just try not to get too worried about it. I live in Puyallup near Canyon. If you want to meet for coffee or something I'm game. Alexis
renaterain
on 8/8/03 12:58 am - orting, wa
Deanne- Hi, it is Renate, we met at the meeting at st joes. I am down to 5 days, next wednesday. I have bought all my supplements and am on my liquid diet- I am not scared at all, just excited. I do, however, have those same fears you have. Please call me when you get back from your trip and we can catch up! I love it that there is a local community where we can turn for support!
Most Active