5 days until surgery!!

renaterain
on 8/8/03 1:02 am - orting, wa
hi there all, this seems to be a wonderfully supportive place- I was denied by my insurance (tricare) 1 week ago and after a few faxes to them I was approved the next morning by 10! Then I called my surgeon to make an appointment and they had a cancellation on the 13th (I was expecting mid-septmember) so I am now on my liquid diet until wednesday when I have my surgery at 8:30am. This sunday is my 35th birthday and I am just so excited and grateful to be starting on my journey to a happier and healthier life. My fiance is supportive but doesn't seem so excited- I called him on it and he admitted to feeling scared for the surgery... any one else experience anything like this? thanks, rr
Brandi S.
on 8/8/03 5:18 am - Mount Vernon, wa
Best of luck to you. My husband is also nervous about the surgery but he knows how excited i am. So keep your chin up. And welcome to your new life. Brandi
omadoula
on 8/8/03 6:06 am - University Place, WA
Congratulations! Be sure and keep us posted on your progress. Any surgery is scary, and there is a certain amount of apprehension that goes along with it. My dh and my children ALL kept asking me if I was sure this was what I wanted to do, right up until they wheeled me away. I believe that a lot of it stems from not understanding that this is the last resort for us, as they have never been in that situation. They are also fearful about what a change in our lifestyle means for them. In addition, I know that many sweethearts are concerned about the attention that will be coming as we lose the weight and blossom into the outside looking just as beautiful as we are inside. Jealousy takes many forms, and your fiance might not even recognize his. I wish you well with your surgery and will keep you in my thoughts.
Most Active