FINALLY ......SLEEVE BEING DONE TOMORROW IN CALGARY

Metamorphosis1
on 8/25/13 1:55 am

A little scared and A LOT excited!!  So glad my pre-op diet is OVER after tonight!  :)

I am just so ready to move on with my life. :)

Anyone else being sleeved (or already been sleeved) in Calgary?

I would be interested in a support group in Calgary for anyone on this journey  of weightloss ....is there one??

Have a great day!

Member Services
on 8/25/13 7:54 am - Irvine, CA
spurrell1964
on 8/26/13 11:31 am - Turner Valley, Canada

Congrats to you !!! If I can ask . . . how long have you been waiting . Where will the surgery be performed. I am so happy for you. Its natural to be scared, just think . . . your new life begins tomorrow. whoo hooooo . I look forward to reading your post. 

Waves from Turner Valley 

Lori

Metamorphosis1
on 8/28/13 10:39 pm
Thanks so much!

In total ... 5 year wait BUT that was the waitlist, the 12 weeks of classes and then I had a Lapband 2 1/2 year ago. After 18 months of agony I had the band removed last December, healed for 6 months, saw the surgeon in June and got an August 26 surgery date!!! Sounds like a long and winding road .., and it was! I'm still in hospital (day 4 post-op) but am pretty sure I'll go home today.

Surgery was done at Peter lougheed Hospital in Calgary and I went through the weight management program.

Right now I still feel pretty crummy but am hoping in a few weeks I will start to see the benefits of this journey!!

Feel free to ask me anything you'd like. There are so many on this forum that have had great successes on their journeys. They have been a great inspiration to me.
spurrell1964
on 9/7/13 4:32 pm - Turner Valley, Canada

Hello Metamorphosis, 

I wanted to send a quick "hello". I was wondering how you were feeling. Its been awhile since you last posted. Please keep us all updated, Its exciting to hear another words regarding their journey.

Talks soon

Lori

Calla Lily
on 8/28/13 10:32 am
RNY on 01/23/12

Congrats! I wish you a speedy recovery!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Metamorphosis1
on 8/28/13 10:40 pm
Thank you so much!! Still in hospital but hoping to come home today!
Spencerella
on 8/30/13 3:54 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

So glad to hear you're safely on the other side!  Wishing you a speedy recovery and a healthy start to your sleeved life :)

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Metamorphosis1
on 8/30/13 5:40 am

Thank you  so much.  Day 5 and I am feeling really great.  It's strange getting used to the new tummy and what to put in it these first few weeks but am feeling so much better than 2 days ago.  It's amazing what a day or two can make!  I am so happy to be on this side of the surgery. :)

Did you have your surgery in Calgary, too, or did you go elsewhere??

Take care.

Spencerella
on 8/30/13 6:13 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I had my surgery in Mexico. I understand that Calgary surgeries are still pretty rare.

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Most Active