my family is telling me to stop loosing!

angibug
on 3/27/11 12:39 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Okay... so my family keeps telling me that I need to stop loosing weight. That I am starting to look old...my face sunk in etc...im 27 of course im not going to look 18 anymore. Im happy with my loss so far. I feel amazing and yes...im going to foot my own horn...I LOOK GOOD im down from a 26/28 to a 10. I have 14 more lbs to my goal of 160. I don't care what anyone says...im not stopping! I just had to vent. It seems like no one understands...
walterswife
on 3/27/11 1:13 pm
Congratulations on your weight loss.  It looks like we had surgery around the same time.

You should follow your own heart.  What you are experiencing is not uncommon.  I have been going through the same thing (even though I could have stopped 20 lbs. ago and been very happy).  The fact is that our family members are not used to seeing us half the size that we were before.

My adult children have suggested that I am anorexic and that I am not eating.  They won't believe me when I tell them that I eat every couple of hours, which is something I never did before.  I have been obese since childhood.  I have struggled with weight and diet since age 8.  So yes, I am happy to be "thin" and healthy.  I am conscious of looking old which is why I don't need to lose another ounce.

You do what you need to do to satisfy YOU.  This is your body, your health and your health.  I say go for that additional 10 lbs.  It sounds like a realistic goal.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

jkjstars123
on 3/27/11 1:31 pm - Tama, IA

My family and friends tell me the same thing. I don't think they know really how much I weigh. I must look thinner than I really do weigh. I want to get down to 150 so that is 14 more pounds. I'm 5' 9". I feel heavy yet esp in the middle. I'm also starting to eat too much so I need to get back on track. If you want to lose  14 more pounds go for it!!

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

angibug
on 3/27/11 2:36 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Thank you everyone ...im sticking with my heart and wont let myself fall short of my goal for the first time in my life!
(deactivated member)
on 3/27/11 10:02 pm
please follow ur heart TRUST ME I Know
Ladytazz
on 3/27/11 3:34 pm
I just heard the "Are you anorexic" comment last week. My kids and my boyfriend haven't said anything so it must be ok. I probably will lose another 10lbs so I have some cushion.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

diane S.
on 3/27/11 3:46 pm
Well, I've been getting a little of this from hubby and  others. But my surgeon says my weight is fine. bmi is 21. And because a 10 pound regain is not unusual after a couple of years, I sure am not going to try to gain any weight. Mainly, i feel pretty doggone good at this weight.

So tell your family your surgeon says your weight is good (i assume he or she is fine with it) and that your skin and face will adjust (it will) and that they are just not used to the new you. What you think and how you feel is what matters most. And be thankful htat you have folks that care about you. A big and fast change in weight can be scarry to others (but a miracle to us!)   Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/11 9:03 pm
 I think U look great  but  Ure definitely not anorexic  or even close lol !! And don't forget to lose PAST the point U want to stay at to allow for bounce back regain which really  DOES  happen .  

U dont want to be forever  15  lbs over  " happiness " with Ur body because U stopped losing too early .

Good luck ! 
(deactivated member)
on 3/27/11 10:00 pm
omg I am in tears where were u 5 years ago to tell me that lol words to live by get past your goal cause the gain back stage is killer had I made my goal or even passed it id b golden right now
dani02
on 3/27/11 9:15 pm - Utica, MI
I get this from a coworker. Her negative comments come from jealousy. She is now the heaviest in the office, so she has to complain about something. I am tired of her "anorexic" comments but I learned I cant control her Yet! I am working on the mind control, so far it's not working. I will let you know when it does then you can use it on your negative people.

Dani

Most Active