Pain after taking Zoloft

Anabella
on 3/28/11 10:54 am - Fresno, CA
 I was wondering if anyone has experienced pain after taking Zoloft (anti depressant) I am 11 days out RNY surgery, and for the past 3 days I have been experiencing a burning pain right after I take them. I called my surgeons office today and they referred me to my primary. 
Pink-alicious 1
on 3/28/11 11:36 am - WI
Yes it is harsh on the stomach untill you can swallow the pill whole, assuming you are still crushing.
HW233/SW233/CW124/GW120    

kbowman2
on 3/28/11 1:21 pm
Interesting...I was just researching drugs gentle on the stomach for depression.  Well, there aren't any...  They all upset your stomach.  Maybe we didn't realize it before WLS but now, my Effexor is kicking my butt!  I had to take myself off of it.  You may want to ask your primary what they would recommend that is gentle?  I have heard a few people on here take Lexapro without stomach issues.  I may go back on that.  Good luck and let me know what you end up taking...I'd be interested as to what doesn't tear up your tummy.
Thanks,

Kim
Heaviest 397/ Before Surgery 367/ Lowest 170/ Current 185

Anabella
on 3/28/11 5:10 pm - Fresno, CA
I'm gonna set up an appointment with my primary. I'll keep you posted, hopefully they give me something that doesn't cause so much discomfort.
heidinsd
on 3/28/11 4:02 pm - Poway, CA
yep it happens to me, in the beginning it was bad i would have to swallow it with yogurt to coat it, now it only happens once in awhile

I love my tool!!!!
samsander
on 3/28/11 4:34 pm - CA
I take Zoloft and have not noticed that.

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

Anabella
on 3/28/11 5:06 pm - Fresno, CA
 Thanks everyone for your replies! I think I will try to take my zoloft with some food, hopefully it'll work

shunt1960
on 3/29/11 12:10 am
VSG on 04/28/10 with
I have taken my Zoloft since day 3 following surgery and haven't had any problems. Good Luck to you.
SW /CW/GW   307.6/202/180    Not a Sprint but what a Journey it is

AngelenaE
on 12/8/11 3:20 am - NY
Zoloft has been reported of causing peculiar, frustrating and harmful side effects such as physical pain, memory loss, hallucination, personality changes, delusion, and suicide among others. Because of this, Pfizer, its manufacturing company is currently charged with various Zoloft lawsuit filed by its victimized patients. For more queries and more information on these lawsuits, seek legal advice. 
Most Active