Banks and credit-card issuers warn that hackers may have obtained email addresses

So Blessed!
on 4/4/11 1:32 am

"The email addresses could be used to target spam. It's also a standard tactic among online fraudsters to send emails to random people, purporting to be from a large bank and asking them to login in at a site that looks like the bank's site. Instead, the fraudulent site captures their login information and uses it to access the real account."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Banks-creditcard-issuers-warn- apf-754015157.html
Dionysus
on 4/4/11 1:39 am
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 4/4/11 2:10 am
That reallllllllly makes me angry. I got a notice from hsn that someone had hsn email about me. I was stunned! I know that people had sites to look and work the same as ebay but it was a scam. I never liked online banking and have never tried it. Telling my kids not to do it either when they get older. The net and cell phones are okay but deadly and dangerous at the same time. I don't even trust the view camera on my computer. I cover it with a piece of packing tape. You just never,never know what's going on and no matter who u have as protection.........hackers will find a way. That's their job. Scary.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

So Blessed!
on 4/4/11 4:57 am

Oldest kid just set up her first checking account.  I'm going to strongly suggest that she doesn't use the online feature.
So Blessed!
on 4/4/11 10:37 pm

I found out today that the leaked e-mail addresses were not only linked to banks and credit card companies, but also other businesses like hotels.

Can't trust ANYthing... 

Most Active