Complete loss of Appetite.

Gloria P.
on 4/25/11 10:30 pm - Ruther Glen, VA
I am 2.5 yrs Post op- from Gastric Bypass. Up until now I haven't had any major problems. But the last few weeks I have noticed my appetite has decreased. I am almost at the point of not desiring anything, regardless of how good it looks or smells. When I do eat, I can't keep it for long. I have been taking extra supplements since I can't eat. Protine is hard to keep down to, can't stand the smell or taste...I am exhausted.
I contacted my Dr. Office that performed my Surgery and haven't gotten a return call yet, it has been about a week now.

Maybe you all can help me find a new Dr. my Health insurance is with GEHA....and I just need someone I can follow up with for my blood work/labs to ensure there are no underlying issues.

Help!!!

So Blessed!
on 4/25/11 10:42 pm

Shame on your surgeon's office for dropping the ball.  I would call back and pester them until they scheduled an appointment.

It might also be a good idea to have a conversation with your primary care doctor to see if he/she would be willing to do your followup lab work.  If so, you can request a copy of your medical records to be sent to them.  If you give him/her a list of your labs, they should be able to order them for you.

My surgeon checks the following:

Parathyroid
Thyroid Function
Comprehensive metabolic panel
CBC with Diff
Lipid panel
HDL
Urinalysis
Zinc Level
B-12
Folate
Transferrin
Ferritin
Vitamin D 25 hydroxy
Magnesium

I hope everything works out for you.
Dave Chambers
on 4/26/11 1:13 am - Mira Loma, CA

If you had surgery 2 years ago, youi should have had several sets of labs done it that time frame.  Your surgeon should have followed you closely with lab work for 6 months to a year, and then you should also have normal labs scheduled at least once per year, and a follow up consul with a doctor who is very familiar with the needs of bariatric surgery patients. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

SandieMc49
on 4/26/11 2:12 am
I have seen my WLS several times in the 2  1/2 years since my surgery for various reasons.  The last visit he said "please call me any time" - and I know he means that.

Don't get lost in the shuffle - call your doctor back; ask for the office manager, be polite but firm - you deserve better!
Most Active