Recovery from VSG

Rasliving1
on 4/27/11 4:48 am - CO

Please tell me about your recovery from the VSG surgery- how long in the hospital and how before return to daily activities.

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 5:01 am - Lancaster, OH
I have two questions....

1.  Why are you asking this on two threads? and,
2.  Why is it urgent?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Rasliving1
on 4/27/11 5:21 am - CO
Sorry the inconveince,  I am new to this site and am not familar with how to very postings and reply. I looked everywhere and couldn't  find my original post.

Didn't realize I marked urgent

Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 5:38 am - Charlotte, NC
It appears that you have not had surgery yet, and I sure hope that IS the truth. Your WLS surgeon should have all kinds of people making up your WLS "team" and they will walk you through all aspects of what to expect...or should. Aftercare and a good long term support group is AS crucial to you keeping your weight off as the surgical tool you are given.
Look around on OH...you'll meet lots of great people and see/hear all kinds of good and not so hot outcomes.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK! ( and yes! I shout it from the tops of the trees!)
BeautyisherGODgiven
name

on 4/27/11 5:58 am
please go to the VSG forum, you will find answers there
Follow my progress: www.youtube.com/user/livictori                           

Elizabeth N.
on 4/27/11 6:17 am - Burlington County, NJ
A navigation aid: If you look close to the top of the page, you'll see the words "My OH." Hover over that and you'll get a bunch of other links, one of which is "Forum Posts." That will take you to your posts. You can click on them and see responses. The email notification part of these forums almost never works, so that's a handy helper.

Regarding your question: Your recovery time will be similar to any major abdominal surgery (and let us be clear, it IS major surgery!), which is generally 6-8 weeks. You will not be totally incapacitated for anything resembling that long, most likely, but it takes that long to heal well, and sometimes a little longer. This is especially true given that you will be taking in next to no nutrition and will have to make significant efforts to maintain adequate hydration.
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 4/27/11 8:18 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Maybe I'm a little sensitive but it seems like you are getting flack (but also some help) from some of the people replying.

The VSG board would be the best place for your question but a lot of people besides RNY and DSers read the MAIN board--after all it's for everyone.

I just had VSG on 4/7/11 with Dr Alvarez in Mexico. 

I came back to work on 4/25/11 to a desk job.  I am doing everything I was before surgery except heavy lifting.  My incisions are healed and only very minimally sore. 

I will be 50 in June so I don't spring back like the young 'uns do but other that being more tired than usual, I'm am nearly back to 100%.

For more responses from VSGers, go to the VSG board.  You will get lots of love there.
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Elizabeth N.
on 4/27/11 12:17 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Yes, you're being a little sensitive.
MacMadame
on 4/27/11 10:05 am - Northern, CA
It's going to vary. Most are fine by a two weeks out but a lot can go back to work even sooner. Personally, I think going back to work when still on liquids sucks though for a number of reasons. So, if you can take 2 weeks, then do it!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Jennchap
on 4/27/11 1:56 pm - CA
 I was back to work in a few weeks and had a very easy recovery. Be careful of posting on the mail board it can be nasty here…. And for the record… people cross post on more than one board all the time. Come over to the VSG board, were nice folks...
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

Most Active