The Chine Study on Dr. Oz

Lisanelson_2
on 5/4/11 10:07 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Has anyone read The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell?   My Mom told me about it - it was on the Dr. Oz show.   I just read a little bit on the web - it looks like a plant based diet but I'm thinking that might be a very difficult type of diet for us to follow?
abejita
on 5/4/11 10:28 am - dallas, TX
I am not following the china study diet, but I do eat mostly vegetarian, meat maybe once a week. I feel great and I have no trouble getting all my protien in. Although, I believe the China study promotes no dairy, which I would have trouble with and I get a lot of my protien from dairy.

mary

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
sullysmom
on 5/5/11 10:26 pm
My friend lost 40 lbs changing to this lifestyle and her husband probably 50 and her 2 daughters switched to this as well.  it is plant based, no dairy (she swears it is poison) and I tried to eat this when I vacationed with her.  it is tough.  Huge lifestyle change/committment.  Not for me but for her and her husband it is working.  She is still on all her meds for HTN and Cholesterol in spite of this stringent diet.  I personally think it is extreme.  Interesting reading.  Went back and re-read the new Atkins, that seems similar to RNY lifestyle/diet including the supplements or vitanutrients.
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 5/5/11 11:22 pm
I consider myself an omnivore but I do try to eat more plants and less meat.

dairy is also something I eat a lot of - not milk (yuck) but yogurt and cheese. I can't imagine giving it up but sometimes I think I should try.

the China Study should get more attention than it does, IMO.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Most Active