Wheatgrass ?

Loretta W.
on 5/5/11 2:18 am - Inland Empire, CA

Wheatgrass contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B8, and B12; C, E and K and all eight essential amino acids as well as thirteen of the sixteen non-essential amino acids. A single teaspoon of wheatgrass juice has only ten calories and almost a whole gram of protein. It also contains 8mcg of iodine, 15mg of calcium ,879 mcg of iron and 62mcg of zinc. Wheatgrass also contains Superoxide Dismutase (SOD). Because of the high content of chlorophyll, wheatgrass is believed to assist in blood flow, improve digestion and boost the overall detoxification of the body. Some studies have also shown that diets high in chlorophyll are related to lower incidences of colon cancer.
I Just had my my first shot of wheatgrass ever at the Juice It UP store yesterday with a chaser of apple juice LOL

For a tiny shot of liquid it does seem to contain a lot of vitamins and almost a whole gram of protein

It seems to me it would be highly absorbable as well since it is just the plant freshly juiced

Not as a substitute to the 35 + vitamins I take a day LOL

Anyone do wheatgrass?

I have never been into the vegetarian, organic type scene

but I do love love vegetables

I am just wondering too if a person should be checked for wheat intolerance first

Well I have been eating Wheat my entire life LOL ~ ~

Like whole wheat bread is good for the fiber and vitamins etc

I guess the liquid shot of it gives mostly the concentrated vitamins found in wheat

interesting (at least to me)

someone who has never had a wheatgrass shot LOL

Loretta

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/5/11 7:54 am
 I've done the vegan / vegetarian thing in the past, and still try to eat healthy and as few processed foods as possible.

So of course I had to try the wheat grass, and am sorry to say it was so icky I haven't been able to bring myself to do it again.

I was less than a year out of surgery, and that first year I was nauseated and my puke-threshold was really low, like brushing my tongue when brushing my teeth would cause me to hurl. I mean, I was seriously thinking I was going to bring it back up right there on the juice bar.

There are several things in wheat grass that I specifically try to target in my diet, so I'm thinking it may be time to try it again.

Especially if I chase it with something strong, like cranberry.

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 8:15 am
 well  I GROW fresh  spinach  and puree it  (  toasting garlic first  and then add a bit fat free milk at the very end  )  and i can't DESCRIBE  how  absolutely  HEAVENLY  and DELICIOUS  tasting a green food it is...

I really believe that we MO  people  have SERIOUS  vitamin deficiencies  we MUST  correct  in order  to become LESS  HUNGRY  ...

Most Active