Financing with not so great credit

roobi
on 5/9/11 1:22 am
How hard or easy is it to get a medical loan?

My credit score is not so good. I can usually get a store credit card if I apply, but I have applied for regular credit cards over the past several years and have not been able to get them due to my score or history.

I am looking to have surgery in Mexico so the loan would be under 10k, possibly under 6k as I will use my savings too. anyway.

I've heard that medical loans are not as stringent. But I'm wondering if that's true? and what loan companies have the best service.
NoEscape21
on 5/9/11 1:56 am - Apopka, FL
If your credit is not super great and you can afford a down payment (a few thousand or so) I would check out beliteweight. Their website is belitemexico.com if you are planning to go to Mexico.

While my credit is decent I was turned down by mymedicalloan. I could have been approved with a co-signer but nobody in my family was supporting my decision to have my sleeve done in Mexico.

Beliteweight approved me and basically I am paying half the surgery now, and financing the other half. Hope this helps. pm me if you have any questions. I am sure other belite people will probably speak up too that are post op and can give you a full review of them and the dr.
  Unicorns fart rainbows and magic!              HW:272 SW:260 GW:120
 Blog:  Weighed Down: A blog about becoming a former fat girl
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Laura A.
on 5/9/11 4:29 am - Manteca, CA
You may not want to hear this....but it is the Suze Orman in me talking....

Don't have surgery on credit.  Save up money or get a second job and ear-mark that money to pay for surgery.  It'll be such a great feeling to be recovering and losing weight knowing you did it yourself  and you already  "own" it, instead of having to pay back what you borrowed.

Just me (and Suze) talking.....

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/11 5:00 am
Oh where were you 4 yrs ago when I was looking into self paying for a LapBand?  The final balance is hanging over my head like a noose.
shantele7824
on 5/9/11 4:57 am - SAN PABLO, CA
Hey I don't know anything about any loans but I can tell you about a insurance program that is ran by the gov and won't turn u down based on pre existing health condition, I was able to have my sleeve done if you want more information please contact me.
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

torri_victoria
on 10/29/16 6:48 pm

Hey I was interested in more information about help with cost plzzzzzzzz!!

Kathy S.
on 10/29/16 7:00 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Torri,

Be sure and look at the date of the thread.  If it's as old as this one you will probably will not get any response.  We have some links to financing companies. Keep in mind and ask when you call they do have a tendency to charge a higher rate of interest.  Let me know if you need any further help.

Easy Medical Loan
 Financing Solutions

Avant Credit Solutions

MedLoanFinance

Rise Credit

MedicalFinancingSolutions

Surgery Loans

CareCredit

ProsperHealthCareLending

United Medical Credit

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Ms. Cal Culator
on 5/9/11 6:12 am - Tuvalu

Whatever you do, don't get a LapBand on credit.  You'll be trying to figure out how to have it removed before you're finished paying for it.

In any group of a hundred people, there are probably 2 or 3 sociopaths.  In a group of a thousand, more like 20-30.  They function very well in "affinity groups," where people have things in common and tend to trust strangers.  I am NOT saying not to trust anyone.  I AM saying that there are probably two dozen sociopaths hanging out here and looking for victims.  Most are NOT serial killers.

Read: www.sociopathicstyle.com/traits/classic.htm

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/11 7:06 am
Touche`
NoEscape21
on 5/9/11 7:06 am - Apopka, FL
I agree on the lapband thing. Im doing VSG and it will be completely paid off in about a year. Got a job working from home in fact, to help pay for it. :) Personally while it would be great to just be able to wait and save up, I get so scared of what will happen with me (weight wise) if I wait or if something comes up (Because something always does) and suddenly I have to wait longer, then I get even bigger. I have most the money for the surgery, and can afford payments...so why not now for me?

I would def not do the lapband on self pay however. VSG has much better results and no follow ups with bariatric doctors. (Just bloodwork with my PCP)
  Unicorns fart rainbows and magic!              HW:272 SW:260 GW:120
 Blog:  Weighed Down: A blog about becoming a former fat girl
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active