Rules for taking Ambien?

Emily F.
on 5/10/11 11:15 am
 I remember someone posting the rules for taking ambien. They were funny yet true like do not eat, do not shower, do not text, go straight to bed, etc.? Can anybody post them? Thanks.
happypeach
on 5/10/11 11:19 am - Rome, GA
I don't know the "rules"; however, I take my ambien after I've done EVERYTHING and am ready to fall asleep.  Only thing I do after ambien is read my boo****il I pass out .... hahaha!

And ........... if you call me post-Ambien .... I'll talk to u, but dang if I'll remember it the next day! Snickers!  I always tell my friends and family that if they want a good laff .... call me after the ambien takes effect. 

Starting:  370, Current: 198.5, Goal: 190

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/11 11:28 am
Don't know the rules, but Ambien rocks when I'm PMSing. I get insomnia for a few nights before- lovely huh, moody & sleep deprived.. have I mentioned I'm married to a patient saint??

I can vouch for one effect, if it applies to your cir****tances or not, don't know.. but sex on Ambien is wonderful, if you can remember it come morning!

Oh, and don't do ANY online shopping after taking one. Best to just have it next to your bed & pop it, and lay down!

mandajolyn
on 5/10/11 11:33 am - Tallahassee, FL
I second the sex on ambien comment, lol they say in the info that comes with it to take it right before bed so you're not doing things like driving, texting, cooking, shopping, or having sex and not remembering it.
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Lisarn1
on 5/10/11 8:28 pm - Raleigh, NC
I'll have to try sex after taking Ambien. I only know that I make sure to take AFTER I'm horizontal, or else the floor gets "bouncy" and hubby has to "waltz" me into bed! 

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

ahleeeshah
on 5/12/11 12:52 am
Oh yeah, Ambien sex is an amazing side effect, haha. I told my boyfriend that it's like sex would be if I had been born with a model's body. I'm totally into it, I don't care what my body looks like, I'll throw clothes off with abandon, and I'm not thinking about anything else but what is happening right then and there. Totally worth the bad dreams it sometimes causes!

beth-28
on 5/10/11 1:19 pm
I've been taking Ambien for years (chronic insomnia which I hope losing weight will help alieviate), but the only "hard and fast rule"  is Ambien works pretty quickly, so take it only when you are truly ready to get in bed. Reading or watching tv in bed is ok, but you really don't want to try to do important tasks after ingestion.

beth
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

NursieGirl
on 5/12/11 3:58 pm
I really hope it helps you!  I had very occasional insomnia before surgery, and since my WLS, I have had regular, frequent insomnia that does not respond to any drug therapy.  I spoke to another nurse and she said she had actually seen this before, so I wonder if there may be a correlation?  Hopefully you will be able to sleep like a skinny baby!

kathkeb
on 5/10/11 3:16 pm
I was told to take the pill once I am in bed and ready to sleep.

I usually do all of my bathroom stuff --- then, get into bed, take my Zolpidem (generic Ambien) and play Sudoku or listen to an audio book while I get drowsy.

it takes about 10 - 15 minutes for me to be asleep.
Kath

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/11 3:24 pm - CA
is Ambien works attractive rapidly, so take it only when you are really prepared to get in bed. Reading or observing tv in bed is ok, but you actually don't desire to trial to manage significant jobs after ingestion
Most Active