Scared and very uncomfortable gross topic

schenwhit
on 5/15/11 9:24 am - long Island, NY
RNY on 03/23/10 with
Ok here's the story,

I have been taking miralax stool softener because I get constipated.  For the last week starting Sunday May 8th  I have not really had a bowel movement just mostly gassy.  So I did  go on the Thursday but was only thumb size.
Friday a severe pain hit me around my belly button and to the left of it.  But it subsided after 5 hours.   No nauseau or vomiting.  Friday was my best friend graduation and we went out to eat.  The pain started again as soon as I took a bite and swallowed the area around my belly button was deadening. A lil nauseau hit but no puking.  I figured I was severly constipated and backed up so I stopped and got the dreaded Magnesium Citrate( the stuff to clean u out)  drank the whole bottle well no bowel movement until yesterday. Okay success.  Problem is when I eat the pain still hits.  I cannot press on my stomach because it hurts so much around the umbilical area mostly midline on left side.  Anyone experience this type of pain?  I am going to dr tommorow to get checked out, but pain is really bothering me.
Nicole Schen-Whit    
How could you have such a good life like me if there wasn't a God directing?

e56700
on 5/15/11 9:34 am - Rochester, MI
Well, it seems to me that you have the classic signs of gallbladder disease. Don't ignore pain. It's a sign that something is wrong. I had the same symptoms, and had to have the gb removed. Now I have the opposite problem...I can't stop going. I'm still afraid to eat in public because I get such horrible gas.
Susan S.
on 5/15/11 9:38 am - Roselle, NJ
 While gallbladder pain radiates - it's much more right upper quadrant pain......so I think it's more likely to be intestinal in nature.    Your constipation could have been caused by some sort of tortion/twisting and having a bowel movement helped.....but it's good you're being evaluated tomorrow.  Herniation etc. are also possibilities.   Please update us on how you're doing.   Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

schenwhit
on 5/15/11 9:37 am - long Island, NY
RNY on 03/23/10 with
Never occured to me, but I am not liking this pain at all.  I was gonna shrug it off chalk it up to being constipated but anh uh< i've had enough and I'd like to sleep a lil, hurts no matter what side I lay on.
Nicole Schen-Whit    
How could you have such a good life like me if there wasn't a God directing?

beth-28
on 5/15/11 10:37 am
When my gall bladder started flaring up, the pain was like a band (around my torso, just under my breasts) being squeezed. The pain was not near my bellybutton.
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

KathyA999
on 5/15/11 10:59 am
Could be a diverticulum - little pocket of stool caught in the wall of the intestine.  Can start festering and become painful.  A colonoscopy would find it.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Stephanie M.
on 5/15/11 11:47 am
Early on, appendicitis presents with pain around the umbilical area...get it checked out.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Jackie McGee
on 5/15/11 11:48 am - PA
Could be a small bowel obstruction or an ulcer - you're having the same problem I had. Hope your doctor gets you straightened (and emptied!) out.
Most Active