Converting my UK labs to US?

Miss Redd
on 5/16/11 10:07 pm - Lancashire, United Kingdom
Hi all!!

Long time no write-but I still lurk here LOTS!

Since I had my surgery-I moved to the UK. It was time to do my labs-so I faithfully got them taken care of, YAY!

But...I can't READ them! LOL! Duh! I should have known the readings would use a different measure. I have really tried to go online and find conversion tools-but I am left staring and blinking...does not register!

I am am a big time advocate for understanding our labs and ensuring we are within a GOOD limit. Yeah-I can go to the doctor here and say "Hey-are these good?" and she will probably say "Um-yeah..no problem I can see"-but that does NOT work for me.

I am my doctor's ONLY Gastric bypass patient and she is honest in saying she doesn't have much info in the way of my rerouted guts.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to help me understand this paper in my hand? If so-BLESS you!! 

As for everything else-I am feeling pretty darn good. I am STILL adjusting to moving to a new country AND having a new body. I am a work in progress.

Hope all is well for everyone and thanks again if you read me!!!

Peace,
T

Pre Surgery 383 Surgery 359 Current 180

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

BeSwitched
on 5/17/11 3:55 am, edited 1/23/12 5:19 pm

BeSwitched
on 5/17/11 4:08 am, edited 1/23/12 5:19 pm

Miss Redd
on 5/17/11 4:38 am - Lancashire, United Kingdom
Hey!!!

Thanks SO much for doing all this tremendous research for me!

I am currently going to find my glasses and get to work with some reading.

It was really-seriously kind of you to take the time to do this. As soon as I figure the conversions-I will see if I can create something for the other kids who may be in the same situation.

Thanks again and I hope all is well for you!!

Peace,
T

Pre Surgery 383 Surgery 359 Current 180

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

BeSwitched
on 5/17/11 4:50 am, edited 1/23/12 5:19 pm

beatrice00
on 5/17/11 11:39 am - NY
RNY on 04/10/12 with
Wow, I always thought that medical measurements were universal, basically I thought they were metric. I plan to travel to Europe this summer and will have some blood tests done there, I should check more into this. Thank you for your post.

Most Active