Getting downsized got me down-sized!

Mandyk01
on 5/19/11 7:13 am - OR

While I truley feel everyone's journey is different I wanted to share my story in case any of you out there are in the same boat I was.

2007 working for Harrah's and gone to the first info meeting, moved to another city. Started to look into Mexico as an option with selfpay.
2009 begged my employer (small company) to include BS in their health plan. Got turned down, then down sized.
2010 unemployed for 18months, while I still had COBRA it didn't include BS.

2011 I knew a few people who had worked for a bank here on the west coast who had surgery. Since I was having no luck finding work in my field I decided to get a job as said bank in order to get the surgery.

Here I am six months later and I am scheduled for surgery next week. I planned everything to the day. In January when we were choosing our vacations I book these weeks off. My disability benefits kicked in last week just in case I have complications. I choose the high premium, low deductable health plan. I had one ****ty year but I am so excited to start on my new journey.  

NoEscape21
on 5/19/11 7:21 am - Apopka, FL
I am glad things worked out for you to get the surgery and glad you got it to be covered by your new job!
  Unicorns fart rainbows and magic!              HW:272 SW:260 GW:120
 Blog:  Weighed Down: A blog about becoming a former fat girl
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

spedcon
on 5/19/11 8:56 am
Yay Mandy! That is great news! It will all be worth the hassle soon! I'm glad it worked out!    Connie
Laura A.
on 5/19/11 9:09 am - Manteca, CA
Wher ther is a will there is a way....  Good for you to find that way!!!

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

beemerbeeper
on 5/19/11 2:15 pm - AL
Man you jumped through hoops to get surgery. 

~Becky

Most Active