Looking for 4 yrs + P O ( Worried )

huskergalWsD
on 5/29/11 2:51 am
I have noticed in the last month or so that I can now swallow large size bites, without pain, ya know the kind of swallow we use to do Pre Op,was wondering if this is how 4 yrs plus P O people get?  I use to have to hold a large mouthful of water and swallow a little at a time so there would be no pain, now that's not so.. This has me worried, I have not regained, in fact I have actually gotten to my first goal about 2 months ago.Ya know those last 20 lbs..I would still like to take off another 20 lbs, this has me worried though. I have been in control , because i have not regained all my weight  from Wls. I need some reassurance and pep talk so to speak. I know keep on track , , just going through one of those worried stages..thanks so much for your time...and pep talk....Peace , Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Mary Catherine
on 5/29/11 3:58 am
 I feel almost exactly like I did before surgery in October of 2007.  No problems with eating or drinking anything.  It is fantastic that you are still losing.  I would say that you must be doing things right.
Diminishing Dawn
on 5/29/11 7:16 am - Windsor, Canada
Yes you are pretty much back to being where you were before surgery. Now we have to remind our selves to chew small, to not take big bites, not to inhale our food like we did before.  I'm going to be 5 years out in just a few weeks.

That is awesome that you are still losing!!! :) You are doing really, really well to not have had regain. You need to pat yourself big time on your back.  

The further you are out of surgery, the more challenging it is in all respects. I think you are doing amazing though!! 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active