How much did your sleep study cost?

Band to DS
on 6/8/11 2:44 pm, edited 2/4/12 3:27 am
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

MaryMargaret C.
on 6/8/11 10:09 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Mine was simply my co-pay. You may want to call your insurance and find out if they can give you a better answer.

All the best,

MM

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 11:11 pm - Beverly, NJ
My insurance paid for mine.  I would like to think that most insurances do, however I know we live in America and thats not always true.  What type of insurance do you have?
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 6/9/11 12:26 am
good luck with your revision, I hope you get what you need.   I could us a sleep study - even at goal I still have poor quality sleep - but have no insurance so I don't get it done.

if you do have insurance, call them. it's going to vary a lot depending.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Still Fawn
on 6/9/11 1:15 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
You too?  I thought I was the only one.  I had surgery about 5 years ago to correct my apnea.. then had wls.. and STILL sleep like ****  I have to literally work myself half to death to conk out well and good..

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 6/9/11 1:26 am
is that the answer? well, ya, I'm exercising but I tell you - I could do more!

I don't know that I have apnea but I have always snored something awful since I as a kid and I wasn't overweight then, let alone obese...  I do sleep like **** so maybe.

here's to a good night's sleep for all!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Elizabeth N.
on 6/12/11 11:58 am - Burlington County, NJ
Me too. My sleep apnea got better but didn't go away. This did not surprise me too much, because both my parents had it and were both of normal weight. I have a lot of other things going on with my sleep as well. It sucks. At least I have a medication ****tail going that works fairly well.

neweyeswideopen
on 6/9/11 12:30 am - Cedar Rapids, IA
20.00 co-pay...then refunded to me by check 3 months later...lol
"To dream, I must imagine pure joy, belive I can achieve perfection, and take pride in a life changing journey" - ME

BumpiestStar
on 6/9/11 3:17 pm - MD
My insurance was charged $600ish, cant remember the exact amount but under $700

hlacy
on 6/12/11 10:19 am - Chandler, AZ
When I had mine done about a year ago, the lab billed for $3,000. The insurance approved a cost of about $800 I recall. Luckily I had already met my deductible for the year and had 100% coverage after deductible.

That said, it all depends on your specific policy, as even the same insurance company can have different riders from employer to employer, plan to plan.

Good luck!
Most Active