RANT: PREGGERS? UH, NO.

divataunia
on 6/16/11 3:52 am - Pasadena, CA
Ok, I gotta vent.  Like SERIOUSLY vent.

I had gastric bypass surgery on 3/25/08 and have since maintained a loss of over 140 lbs. Awesome, right?  Except not.

I am CONTINUALLY asked if I am pregnant.  In the past month alone?  People have actually googled "Diva Taunia Pregnant."  I wish I was kidding:

YOUTUBE: http://youtu.be/Y_-KhNGn0ZU
FACEBOOK COMMENTS (May 18th, Diva Las Vegas Comments):
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Diva-Taunia/27789464849

The worst part about people asking is that I have to comfort THEM after they ask.  Them: "OMG, I'm so sorry!"  ME:  "Oh, it's ok."   (But all the while in my head saying, "Are you a %!#$%!@# idiot!?!?!"

Here's a little tip from me to you (and when I say YOU, I mean anyone without a filter who asks a woman if she's pregnant when they're not 100% sure):  DON'T ASK.  If you aren't 100% positive that someone is pregnant, DON'T $%@# ASK.  You know why?  Because it hurts feelings.  It hurts self-esteem and self-image.  Don't be an asshat, mmmkay?

I'm ready to go grab a clever and chop the extra skin off myself.  If ONE MORE PERSON asks me, I'll probably do it.  MEH.

*End Rant* 

Cheers,

Diva Taunia 

Facebook Twitter Google YouTube pinterest Blog RSS Facebook Page Klout Soundcloud

MyLady Heidi
on 6/16/11 4:07 am
I definately hear ya, I had wls, lost about 75lbs and actually thought I looked kind of cute in a shortish A-line style dress in mulberry blue, that is until I went on vacation with my boyfriend and the lady at the hotel desk asked when I was due.  I said due for what?  She said omg I am so sorry you're not pregnant?  I said oh hell no, what do you think I am ******g nuts, I have a kid, one and I learned my lesson.  Then she went on to say it was the dress.  I swore I wanted to burn the ******g thing.  That always stuck with me.  Seriously save every penny you can, mortgage whatever you have and get a tummy tuck, having a flat stomach is the best thing I ever ever ever did.  The good part also is if you gain weight back, it doesn't go there.  lol lol  Sadly I know that part too.  I am wearing my favorite belt with the buckle moved over one notched and can barely breath because I can't stand the fact I have gained any weight whatsoever so I am punishing myself.  Oh did I mention we had cake today at work, apparently its part of my punishment plan.  lol lol

I totally agree, don't mention anyone is preggers unless you start to see a head sticking out or they actually tell you.

divataunia
on 6/16/11 4:30 am - Pasadena, CA
 I know a lot of it is the clothes I wear.  I tend to wear things with an empire waist because I think it hides my belly (where all my extra skin is), but obviously IT DOES NOT.

I just purchased two waist cinchers the other day.  I'll be wearing those until I can actually get plastics.   I'm wearing it right now (put it on immediately post-preggers comment) and I feel like I'm suffocating!

I actually considered just lying and telling people I was pregnant, but I figured sooner or later they'd figure it out.  "Hasnt she been pregnant for like three years now?!"

Cheers,

Diva Taunia 

Facebook Twitter Google YouTube pinterest Blog RSS Facebook Page Klout Soundcloud

Rosebud_is_a_sled
on 6/16/11 7:01 am
You are right.  Unless you know the person and KNOW for sure, just don't say anything.  As a matter of fact, we really shouldn't make a comment about anything to do with someone's physical appearance.  Some folks are very sensitive and can be hurt by off the cuff comments.  Stuff like this is a "need to know" thing.  If you don't know for sure, I guess you don't need to know! 

My problem is my thighs.  They are so gross.  They just hang down past my knees.   0_o 

I can't believe someone would Google to snoop on you about something that personal. 
peachy48161
on 6/16/11 8:12 am - Monroe, MI
I have had the same problem.  I have been asked about 8 times since surgery, which is about 8 more than I was ever asked when I was morbidly obese.   It's bull**** lol.  I have recently invested in some compression type garments to suck my "baby" in lol.
divataunia
on 6/16/11 8:32 am - Pasadena, CA
 Oh, BELIEVE ME, I am the Queen of COMPRESSION!  lol (I actually have coupon codes too, I'll post those below in case anyone is looking for good shapewear to invest in).

I actually think the compression garment is part of my problem!  I think it might be rounding things out and making it look more "solid" like a pregnant belly.  Today, I had on my compression cami, and then after the comment I immediately put a waist cincher on - HUGE difference.  All of the sudden, I had a waist line.   

So, even though it kind of sucks that I have to wear TWO layers of compression, at least there's a solution until I figure out how to get surgery.  :)    Well, two solutions:  1) wear two layers of shapers and 2) punch people in the face when they ask.  lol

Cheers,
Taunia

Here are the shapers that I LOOOOVE.  You can use "DIVAT" for a discount:

SLIMPRESSIONS:  http://slimpressions.com/254/131
LIPO IN A BOX:  
http://divatauniablog.com/2011/04/the-shape-of-my-new-obsession.html

Cheers,

Diva Taunia 

Tarris
on 6/16/11 8:22 am
I wouldn't ask when a woman was due, if the baby was crowning into my open hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

divataunia
on 6/16/11 9:35 am - Pasadena, CA
 "I wouldn't ask when a woman was due, if the baby was crowning into my open hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  

OMG, I just about spit out my water when I read this.!  lol

Cheers,

Diva Taunia 

NursieGirl
on 6/16/11 9:34 am
I actually did used to lie when people would ask me pre-op.  I was either pregnant, or had recently had a baby.... but the problem was that then people wanted to ask me questions about the baby!  I had a whole made-up family in the end!

Now if someone asks when I'm due, I say "Hmmm, I'm not sure.  Probably in four or five years when I meet a nice man, settle down, get married, decide to have kids, get pregnant and carry the baby for nine months.  Then I'll be due..... so five years, give or take?"

Rosebud_is_a_sled
on 6/16/11 11:36 am
"the problem was that then people wanted to ask me questions about the baby!  I had a whole made-up family in the end!"

Oh no!  How funny!  I would love to have been there!

Most Active