Nectar - How Do You Mix This?

EthelMae
on 6/22/11 11:02 pm - MD
I give up.  How in the world do you mix this stuff?  I have tried a shaker bottle, but still end of with nasty clumps of protein.  Same thing in the blender?

What am I doing wrong?

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/11 1:28 am - Santa Cruz, CA
I just mix it with a spoon;  I can't imagine why a blender wouldn't work!
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/11 3:43 am
What flavor? The only flavor I always get lumps with is the Apple one. The iced tea & lemonaid work just fine in my shaker.. the apple I have to whizz in the blender and then put in the fridge till the foam goes away- or scoop it off.. I won't get apple again..
bowknot
on 6/23/11 5:24 am
I put the water in the glass first and mix in the protein a little at a time.  If you dump the whole scoop it will clump.  If you add water to the powder it clumps (for me).  I stir with a spoon. The shaker bottle and blenders make them to foamy for me. 

Sometimes I have to let the drink sit for a minute and I stir it again ... especially the lemonade.

Hope this helps.

Kay
paranoidmother21
on 6/23/11 6:18 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Advice from DD (a cooking whiz - which I am NOT!):

always add liquid to dry. She suggested, when I had the same issue, starting with the scoop of protein. Add about a tablespoon of liquid, and stir with a spoon until you get a paste. Add the rest of your liquid, and then the blender ball or spoon or whatever will mix it much easier.

She's been right.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

EthelMae
on 6/23/11 6:27 am - MD
Thanks everyone.

I'm going to try these suggestions.

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

queenlala_bee
on 6/23/11 6:39 am - Port Orchard, WA
 i use a blender bottle most of the time.  i have found that the colder the liquid the more it clumps, especially is i am using cold milk or soymilk.  the solution?  i put the liquid in then add the scoop, stir it down with a utensil breifly, then add the blender ball and shake.  then let it foam down for a bit, then shake it again until the clumps are gone.  this takes a bit longer but i find that with a bit of patience it mixes and tastes much better.

-Laura 
Most Active