Atheist Devotional #248--Why Don't People Believe in God?

LeaAnn
on 6/28/11 5:45 am - Huntsville, AL
PWNED!   Poor unicorns are always getting a bum deal. It’s easy to believe in angels, but unicorns, zombies and goblins always get passed over!Why Don't People Believe In God

http://christmyredeemer.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/philosophy-absenceofevidence1.jpg
neweyeswideopen
on 6/28/11 5:47 am - Cedar Rapids, IA

"To dream, I must imagine pure joy, belive I can achieve perfection, and take pride in a life changing journey" - ME

LeaAnn
on 6/28/11 6:19 am - Huntsville, AL
Christine X.
on 6/28/11 6:05 am - TX
High Jack

My husband made a Nun go to the end of the line at the airport today. She couldn't believe it. I think she thought she needed special treatment. He said everybody in the line had been there 20 minutes to get rescheduled for a flight and her choice of jobs did not entitle her to 'nun cut'.

I asked him if he was afraid of repercussions from god, he was getting on a plane and all. He said no, she was on the same plane. And anyway he said he was right. He said, "Would Jesus 'nun cut'? I think not."
Christine  "Life is like a jar of jalapenos.  What you
do today, might burn your ass tomorrow".
Check out www.dsfacts.com for information on Duodenal Switch

LeaAnn
on 6/28/11 6:26 am - Huntsville, AL
Good for him!!

Lol

SomethingClever
on 6/28/11 6:25 am

Christians don't believe in Zombies??  But Zombies believe in Christ! (LOL!  Sorry - I hope the following isn't offensive.  I'm actually a Christan myself and I find zombie wife kinda amusing. ;) )

Dear Zombie Wife,

Do you believe in God?  What religion are you?

Sincerely,

Nosy

Dear Nosy,

Just like the living, Zombies are affiliated with many different religions.  Not surprisingly, however, the majority of religious Zombies in America practice Christianity.  To answer your question, I consider myself to be Christian and my husband and I recently started attending services at a local Methodist Church. 

If this Christian trend seems strange to you, I must gently remind you that Jesus Christ himself was the most well known and respected Zombie of all time.   The celebrated resurrection is a cornerstone to the Christian faith, and certainly something that the undead can identify with.  Also, as all Zombies have risen from the dead,  we appreciate the Christian concept of being “born again."

If you’d like to attended a worship service to see for yourself, why not stop by our house next Sunday morning?  Don’t worry, you won’t be expected to tithe so leave your wallet and any forms of identification at home. Also, come alone.

xoxo,

Zombie Wife

LeaAnn
on 6/28/11 6:41 am - Huntsville, AL
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/11 9:07 pm - Beverly, NJ

phred
on 6/28/11 10:44 am - CO
"From day one, a divide proved to vex,
The Christian religion," said Rex.
"And today, while some give,
So the needy can live,
Other sects just obsess over sex!"

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

LeaAnn
on 6/29/11 2:27 am - Huntsville, AL
Most Active