Werid Personal Questions

LiltithNyxArdent
on 7/12/11 1:23 am
So if know one minds answering this question. I was wondering is your bust size affected by the weight loss surgery. As in if you you have a large or small bust before. Do you have the same large or small bust after you start losing all the weight?
Also does everyone deal with excess skin after losing weight like this or does excerising help or does it totally depend on the person.
Susan S.
on 7/12/11 1:33 am - Roselle, NJ
Breasts are fat......so they will shrink. exercise will help tone your muscles and make yu fit but won't help excess skin. Plastic surgery is generally necessary. susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Tammy H.
on 7/12/11 1:48 am - Greenville, OH
 I used to wear a size 58 DD bra...I now wear a 44 C...My poor ole boobies hang down like oranges in tube socks...I tell my sisters that I really don't need to buy bras because I can just tuck them in my ankle socks...LOL...I was pretty perky right before having surgery, was so proud of how they stood firm, especially at my age...Then about 6 months after losing large amounts of weight, it was like over night that they went out of control, LOL, and dropped...I also have a lot of excess skin hanging down under my arms...So much that I wont wear shirts that are sleeveless...Most of my shirts are 3 quarter in length to hide the flab...Its embarassing to myself yet alone for anyone else to see it hanging...My inner thighs/legs have bad skin hanging down too...My face got flabby /wrinkles...My neck looks like a turkey neck...I would love to have all this skin taken off, and my boobs fixed, but my insurance wont cover it...But with all this being said * thank God that Ive lost all this weight or I wouldnt be alive to tell about it*...I am so proud of all my accomplishments, regardless of the flabbies....Each person is different...I know several women who has lost big amounts of weight, and they look great, and didnt even exercise...

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

mollypitcher08
on 7/12/11 11:32 pm
Hi Tammy: Just had to pipe in and say good job for you!!! Wear those batwings, apron, leg flaps and saggy boobies proudly as you have earned them!!!! (I know I'm right there with ya!!) People are pressuring me to have plastic surgery (I have a huge apron, batwings, butt shelf, etc.) but I am not too anxious to have more surgery.  I am 56 and if I were 26 I might re-consider! Anyway, good for you and you should be proud (although for me it is sometimes hard because I am still big and have so much skin!!!)  Take care.. I do believe, too how your fat on your body is distributed plays a big part if whether or not you will need plastics.. (Just my opinion..) 
Tammy H.
on 7/13/11 5:45 am - Greenville, OH
 Thanks for the kind words...Ive lost 200 pounds so yes there is LOTS and LOTS of unwanted saggy baggy skin hanging down...My arms disgust me, just wish I could have it taken off...But I am alive, so thats an accomplishment all in itself...The doctor told me that if I didnt have the surgery and get the weight off fast, that I would probably not live a year...Sure was scary to hear that...I was on oxygen 3 years prior to surgery, and my oxygen levels were so low, even with oxygen on...I no longer am on oxygen...woohoo!!!!    Even though I am 53 years old, I would still love to have the skin removed and get perky tata's...

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Phyllis C.
on 7/12/11 1:59 am
It really depends on the person.  My boobs got smaller, but not much.  I lost weight slowly so I don't have anymore excess skin than I had before.

Exercise is going to firm you up, and I think if you do it on a continuous basis, it helps with excess skin, but then again, it depends on the person.

Generally people's body shape stays the same, only it shrinks.  If you carry your weight above your waist (apple), you still will be top heavy after WL.  I goes the same way with bottom heavy (pear.)

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

MsBatt
on 7/12/11 2:30 am
I was wearing a 54H---yes, that's right, an H---before surgery. Now I wear a 40...G. I had REALLY hoped I'd lose more boobage than I have.
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 9:45 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I didn't even know H was a real thing.
MsBatt
on 7/18/11 10:16 am
I have actually seen bras in catalogues that come in a 'K' cup.
Elizabeth N.
on 7/12/11 3:13 am - Burlington County, NJ
Boobage: If I had worn the kind of sculpted underwire bra preop that I routinely wear now, it would have been in the vicinity of a 56H or so. Today it's a 38C. My boobies are now basically empty tube socks with a coin at the end. The only reason I am a C cup is because I have so much skin to roll and stuff into the cups.

If you are young and still have your female parts (I am neither), you will retain more actual breast tissue and so you might not deflate as much. Declining hormones lead to atrophy of breast tissue, which is why older women get saggy.

Excess skin: Exercise does NOTHING for skin. Exercise builds muscle and this is a very good thing. You should really work at building lean muscle mass. I was a lazy bum on this, lost lots of muscle mass and am now playing catchup to help my sore tendons and joints.

NOTHING helps loose skin except time, your genes, in some cases your age and the luck of the draw. Do not waste money on lotions, potions or gadgets. Put that money into your plastic surgery savings fund instead, if you think you're going to want to go that route.

Most Active