What to take for pain after Wisdom Teeth extraction?

Lori W.
on 7/20/11 12:47 am
I am 3 years out from RNY and having 2 top wisdom teeth pulled this afternoon.. I know NSAIDS are a no-no. Any Rx for pain.. I know I can take for Tylenol?

Thanks all
martitalinda
on 7/20/11 12:56 am
 I had extractions at 3+ years out and was given Tylenol #4 prn pain by the oral surgeon.... turns out I only used it once when the anesthesia wore off and I started seeing stars and was good for the duration.  The dentist or oral surgeon should be able to give you something for pain management taking into consideration your type of regimen post RNY.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/11 1:13 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I.V Dilaudid STAT !
Greytquilta
on 7/20/11 2:13 am - North Kingstown, RI
I've lost three teeth since my surgery and didn't need any pain medication at all

Pat
mustangslly
on 7/20/11 4:49 am - greenfield, IN
I had a molar extracted a few months ago and ended up with dry socket.  At the risk of sounding like a drug addict, I have found that I need stronger pain meds than I did before my RNY.  I was taking hydrocone/acetominophen 10/325, the same med but in the 5/500 was not strong enough. I will say that the dry socket was more painful than giving birth to twins! 

If I lived on the moon, I would only weigh 24.4 pounds.

Dave Chambers
on 7/20/11 6:25 am - Mira Loma, CA
I'd guess the dentist would give you a script for some lower strength Vicodin.  This is what I got for immediate post op pain from my RNY. It comes in liquid form too. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Kathleen F.
on 7/20/11 8:01 am
djactenaz
on 7/20/11 8:22 am
Probably vicodin or Tylenol 3 or something similar.  You can get many of those in liquid form.
Most Active