Need weight training tips

Frank_B
on 7/21/11 11:33 pm, edited 7/21/11 11:35 pm - Woodbridge, NJ
I am 10 months out and for the most part the only thing i have been working on in the gym is cardio ( 30 - 45 mins a day on the treadmill at 4 - 4.5 speed)

i now need to start to tone up and begin some weight training

Does anyone have a good plan for a beginer ( no heavy weight lifting just yet but work my way up to it) i do have a gym membership. I know machines are not the best to do but i rather start there then right out on free weights

Any tips will be helpfull

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 7/22/11 2:30 am
I can't help you with fitness plans, but if you're new to weight training I do recommend you purchase 3-4 appointments with a trainer so you learn proper form on free weights. you're better off with free weights and they're not hard to start.

My fave weight training site for ladies is stumtuous.com, there's some basic info on form for free weights, but the overall site has a lot of great info for getting started.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Frank_B
on 7/22/11 3:23 am - Woodbridge, NJ
On July 22, 2011 at 9:30 AM Pacific Time, busybee212 wrote:
I can't help you with fitness plans, but if you're new to weight training I do recommend you purchase 3-4 appointments with a trainer so you learn proper form on free weights. you're better off with free weights and they're not hard to start.

My fave weight training site for ladies is stumtuous.com, there's some basic info on form for free weights, but the overall site has a lot of great info for getting started.
Thanks 
newmerightnow
on 7/22/11 2:53 am - AK
Post this question in the "Exercise Forum", I know someone can help.

Frank_B
on 7/22/11 3:25 am - Woodbridge, NJ
On July 22, 2011 at 9:53 AM Pacific Time, newmerightnow wrote:
Post this question in the "Exercise Forum", I know someone can help.
thank you
Kim S.
on 7/22/11 6:14 am - Helena, AL
Yep!  Hop over to the exercise and fitness forum...I go there daily...great resources.

Kim

Most Active