Tummy Tuck

Teresa B.
on 7/22/11 8:45 am - Marion, IL
For those of you that have had a tummy tuck would you do it again?  Also what was you pros and cons about it.  How long were you unable to do anything?  Any information is appreciated.

Thank you!!
Teresa  I now have a new & healthy life!

HW 245/ PO 242.8 /SW 234.1/ GW 145 CW 132 (Total Loss -110.8 lbs)

Mary Catherine
on 7/23/11 9:42 am

The pain was bad the first week.  I used a walker and could not stand up straight.  I had to sit around and do nothing.  Even ask someone for a glass of water.

I had drains for three weeks.  My stomach felt too tight for months.  It was expensive and I paid out of pocket.

I am so glad that I did it.  My stomach was the only place where I had hanging skin.  Now I can easily wear a bikini.  The best place for information is makemeheal.com.

Gastic bypass gave me back my health. Tummy tuck gave me back my self esteem.
ajordan
on 7/23/11 9:46 am - Albertville, MN
Hi,  You might also want to go to the plastic surgery board for more information on this subject.

I had a TT and arm lift Dec 2, 2010.  I am very happy that I did it and would do it again.  I did have some complications but those are all behind me now.  I developed a pretty bad infection at my incision and my arms needed to be drained 3 times because of excess fluid.  It is a major surgery and takes a while to recover, but I am glad I did it.  

Mine was out patient, so I was home the same day.  There was some pain with the TT and I had some sort of nerve ***twang*** that was pretty painful but that passed after a day or so.  The next day I was able to shower but needed help getting to the bathroom and had to sit on a stool in the tub.  I wasn't able to stand up during a shower until i think day 4.  My back hurt a lot, probably due to the lipo on the flanks.  I hear that a lot from other people too.

It is so great to be able to jump and run without my stomach roll slapping around!  Nothing moves when i do a jumping jack and I love it!

All in all, it was well worth it, but I won't lie - the first 2-3 weeks was very difficult.  Luckily I was out of work for the month of December so I didn't have to work, but I would say 3 weeks off is the very minimum I would recommend.

good luck with your decision!
Amelia
   245 10 day LD / 237.5 SW / 184 CW / 167 GW

Most Active