My 8 Year post op Anniversary today! I almost missed it!

Danielle Hodgins
on 8/19/11 1:16 pm - My Happy Place, NY
Wow, it just hit me this evening - August 19th! My surgery date 8 years ago!! WOW!! It's amazing how time flies when you are living a healthy, fulfilling life!!  Still maintaining my weight, workout regularly and eat healthy.  Even became a Turbo Kick Fitness Instructor and health & fitness coach so I can help others and pay it forward! Where ever you are on your journey - keep pressing forward!! This is not a 'destination' that we arrive at and then we're done.  It is a continuous journey that we will travel each and every day of our lives.  Just make good choices, make it fun and enjoy the ride!!

HUGS!
Danielle
~*~ Dani ~*~
RNY 8/19/03
How healthy and happy do you want to be?  It's a lifetime commitment.   You can do it.

Friend me on Facebook Too!  https://www.facebook.com/DanielleHodgins
acbbrown
on 8/19/11 3:16 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Congrats on your success! Thanks for checking in  - it's great to know it's possible to maintain for such a long period of time :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Janice B.
on 8/19/11 7:56 pm - Misawa-chi, Japan

We really need a "like" button!  Congrats!

Janice

Life is too short to eat vanilla ice cream and dance with boring men.

HW: 305/SW: 289/CW: 129

M M
on 8/19/11 9:37 pm
 Glad to see you're still rolling along.

spedcon
on 8/19/11 11:58 pm

Congratulations Danielle!  Thanks for coming in to inspire others!     Connie

JENNI-8yrsPostOP
on 8/20/11 2:07 am
Congrats on your success. I'll be 10 yrs out in a couple weeks. It's funny how the date gets farther and farther from our memory as time goes on. When I was a newbie every milestone date was etched in my memory. It's possible to maintain and have a healthy and happy life.
Congrats on your fitness work and helping others. Having a story of being overweight, losing and staying fit will help others. Thanks for posting and happy anniversary.

Jen 9+ yrs post Op RNY
Danielle Hodgins
on 8/20/11 2:28 am - My Happy Place, NY
Thanks all!!!  I seriously can't imagine my life any other way than it is now - and being and instructor and coach and paying it forward and helping others is so rewarding.  If its possible for me - its possible for anyone!!
~*~ Dani ~*~
RNY 8/19/03
How healthy and happy do you want to be?  It's a lifetime commitment.   You can do it.

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 8/20/11 2:50 am - Belleville, IL
Congrats! ((((((((hugs)))))) You are rockin' your RNY surgery and doing so wonderful. You are beautiful inside and out and I am so glad to see the true veterans posting.

Don't worry about not posting as often, after all...We had this surgery to feel NORMAL, and if you are out doing things, exercising, having fun....That is the best testimonial of all...You are LIVING.

Congrats again.
Warmly,
Jackie

Danielle Hodgins
on 8/20/11 3:43 am - My Happy Place, NY
Truly living - a healthy, fulfilling life is amazing!! Thanks Jackie!
~*~ Dani ~*~
RNY 8/19/03

Lori H.
on 8/20/11 3:37 am - NE
Dani,
Thank you for sharing this. I am scheduled for my surgery on Sept 29th. Just did my nutrition consult yesterday, Psych eval tomorrow and then the wait for insurance approval. I am so happy that I can see that 8 years out you are looking so great....
Lori
Most Active