my tummy flap is getting removed!

Paulamarie
on 8/31/11 4:08 am
Teeheehee,  I'm beyond excited.  I just got my pre op date for my panni.  Kaiser is going to remove that unsightly apron that hangs down in front.  My surgery is scheduled for Oct 4.  I had my bypass in May a few years back and have been maintaining my weight for over a year.  Can anyone tell me about an experience with this skin removal surgery. 

Thank you

Paula
martitalinda
on 8/31/11 4:31 am
 I had my Panni removed 18 months post-op and I met all the requirements of my PPO thru Anthem.  It was done at one of the ambulatory services facilities of Yale I was up and about and with very minimal pain.  I had to keep my drains in for over 5 weeks ... went to an OH conference in Philly with my drains in and slightly over a couple weeks post-panni ... had an awesome time met some wonderful OH peeps ... stuck my drains in my bra and never had better looking breasts LOL...

Only problem is my drains had to be kept in  longer and I developed seromas and hematomas after they were removed ... these were easily drained in the doctors office ... she cut me along the incision line ... the seromas did not hurt but I did see stars when she aspirated the hematoma...

I was prescribed Vicodin for post op pain and if I took 3 of those I took too many ... Check my panni folder in my photo section ... my plastic surgeon was awesome ... while she was at it she pulled tight from below too so my legs don't look all that bad although I am treating myself to my LBL before Christmas...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Kathleen W.
on 8/31/11 4:56 am - Lancaster, PA

After being just about 2 years out,  I finally had my panni done last Thursday.    When I saw the surgeon this past Monday,  she said that, if she didn't know that she had performed the surgery,  I didn't look like I had anything done.  Dr. Learn did phenomenal work.  I'm walking upright, there's very little pain (but I know when I over do it) As a safety precaution,  she has a standard practice of ordering both antibiotics and pain killers for when you get home.  She's very cautious in preventing complications.  You know the old saying:"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."  I'm glad that she works like that. I'm thrill that I had panni done..

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

KCNEPA
on 8/31/11 5:47 am - SCRANTON, PA
I had my panni removed last year, and it was worth every penny!! (or $$$$) I was selfpay.

I FINALLY felt like a normal woman!!  I could FINALLY enjoy my body, and not be ashamed of it.

It was less dramatic as I expected, I had no strength again (just like after my RNY) for about a week,  the drains were no problem, expect that one of them was leaking, and my garment was soaked in blood constantly for about a week. (very very scary for ME, but Dr. said, it was OK, so I just stopped worrying, and concentrated on getting better).  Pain was not bad at all.  I took the antibiotic like Dr. prescribed, painkillers for about a week...
my husband was my caretaker for the time, and I could not have done it without him!  he gave me sponch bathes, helped me out of bed day/night, and just was wonderful taking care of my household, the kids and the dogs. 

toddlerMOM74
on 8/31/11 6:19 am - clarence, NY
I did it in the summer and it was tough to conceal the drains.  Make sure you have baggy stuff to wear.  This time of year will be better for you.  You can't do much for a week or two.  After that you still have to take it easy.  I had my breasts done and lypo too.   The stomach surgery was the worse for me though, painful, inconvient, and gross.   However,  I'd do it again in a heartbeat!  The results are amazing!  I'm sure you'll love it!
Paulamarie
on 8/31/11 6:21 am
I'm very happy for all of the posts.  I can't stop thinking about this surgery.  It sounds like everyone got through it with moderate pain.  I'm planning on taking two weeks off work.  If I need more I'll take it.  I sit at a desk all day, so not physical work at all.  please friends keep the stories comming.  I can actualy view OH from work.  It's one of the very few things that arent blocked by my virus protection. 

Paula
mkbeany
on 8/31/11 6:57 am
Might want to post on the Plastics forum also.
Lots of good info there.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
sfnativewm
on 8/31/11 10:59 am
Congrats !!  May I ask how you got kaiser to give you the surgery??

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

Most Active