having my full tummy tuck in 5 days, think a walker would help me?

mom_to_4boyz
on 9/2/11 7:12 am - CA
since my husband has back problems and cant be lifting/helping me up im wondering if a walker would be a good idea.  x post in plastic surgery forum since im trying to get as many thoughts as possible =)

karma-4.jpg picture by keiratoutsupermomwifewomantired.jpg picture by keiratout     I'm a shorty at almost 5'3"

Kayla B.
on 9/2/11 7:57 am - Austin, TX
I did not need any special equipment or to be carried after my lower body lift.  You don't need to walk much anyways.  Just to go to the potty.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Elizabeth N.
on 9/2/11 9:24 am, edited 1/3/12 8:31 am - Burlington County, NJ

Vivian Prouty
on 9/2/11 10:24 am - Fort Worth, TX
 If you think that you may have problems after your TT then I would see if you could borrow a walker from someone just in case you need one.   I did have one after my LBL to assist me in getting up out of a chair.    I don't think that I would go out and purchase one but if you know someone who has one that isn't being used....I would borrow it just in case it is needed.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

k9ophile
on 9/2/11 11:11 am
I'd have to agree with Vivian about borrowing if you think you'll want one.  I just had knee surgery and paid $100 for one I used two weeks.  Grrrr.  If you lived closer to me, you could borrow mine.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Mary Catherine
on 9/2/11 3:37 pm
 I found the walker very helpful.  You need to walk bent over for a week or longer and resting on the walker made it much easier for me.  Another thing I was glad to have was a chair in the shower.
Most Active